Favorite Petrol Fuel?

All Jaguar XE related discussions
XE123

Favorite Petrol Fuel?

Post by XE123 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 pm

So I have only ran my XE on a random mix of standard fuels so far. Nothing dreadful like ASDA / Morrisons own brand but just Esso standard, Texaco etc.

Has anyone noticed any benefits of higher octane fuels? Does it seem worth it? I am running the 250hp Ingenium engine currently.

Does anyone have a stand out favorite? I have been driving Diesels for quite a while so I am not sure what is the general consensus of the best petrol at the moment.

Cheers!
:)
Jaguar XE - Caesium Blue 25t R-Sport :)

Bluefire

Re: Favorite Petrol Fuel?

Post by Bluefire » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:49 pm

You’ll get many opinions on this ;)

For what it’s worth give Tesco Momentum 99 Ron a try.
2.0 200 Bluefire R-Sport
Templar wheels, Meridian sound, Advanced parking, Climate pack + Heated rear, Aluminium Paddles - of course :)

XE123

Post by XE123 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:51 pm

I have heard vague talkings of momentum from Ecoboost engine drivers that can't believe tesco has the highest octane fuel now in the UK?
Jaguar XE - Caesium Blue 25t R-Sport :)

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:06 pm

I always try to use Esso petrol. It was the best for my Mazda 6 so have continued to use it in my XE. I'm certain the car runs smoother and the mpg is better than with other makes.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Indianajons

Post by Indianajons » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:31 pm

Just completed a run back from Scottish Borders... 78.4mpg & smooth as a nut on Asda diesel... it was cheapest available up there (£1.29), so why waste money on anything else?
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot

BRC

Post by BRC » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Never been sure about this given on occassions I have put super dooper fuel into my "other" car and saw no improvement whatsoever. That's not to say I wasn't genuinely hoping there would be and perhaps, just perhaps there was a minute improvement. Regretfully Mr. J.C. tells me it's all in my mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYlk9C1o0nk
For me the jury is still out on this one.

colonie

Post by colonie » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 pm

On my previous car, a Scirocco R, I preferred the Ultimate 102 from Aral. But that car needed minimum Super+, so it didn't make a big difference.
Now with the XE S I can go with normal 95' and I'm still not sure if I want to or just stick with the Ultimate 102. Pretty hard to set up a reliable comparison.

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:44 am

With my diesel I used to avoid Asda as it just made it sound like a tractor and didn't have the same get-up-and-go as others.

In my XE-S (only had it a week) I've run Tesco regular unleaded and Costco super unleaded - the costco super gave more noise/pops & crackles out of the exhaust when being 'enthusiastic'. As for it being any better performance wise, can't say - the XE-S is just fast full stop when you're used to driving the 180 diesel.
Jaguar XE S [380PS] | Jaguar F-Type R [550PS] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS] | Skoda Fabia [sod all]

Nickhester

Post by Nickhester » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:59 am

I have a petrol XE and have tried all sorts including a few tankfuls of Super. Frankly I cannot say I've noticed a difference. When I go to the likes of Tesco and Costco I cannot resist going for the higher octane as the price is not that dissimilar to lower octane but when i go to Esso or Shell I cannot see the point of spending 20p per litre extra - I personally think standard fuel works just as well. My son however has a BMW 140i and will not use anything but Super so what do I know???
XE S - 380 - Carpathian Grey - Panoramic Roof - 20 inch propellers

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:57 pm

I'm pretty sure I get better mpg with Super. There are other advantages with Super such as lubricants.

I would put in a tank of Super every 5 fills but the price round here is touching £1.42 a litre for standard 95 so Super is more than Super fuel it's bloomin' Super expensive! :lol:
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”