MOT time

All Jaguar XE related discussions
BRC

MOT time

Post by BRC » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Will shortly be sorting out my first MOT and noticed in my user manual I appear to have a warrenty that covers parts and I think labour if the failure is through parts normally covered by the 3 year warrenty. Just wondered whether anyone has used this and did it work the way it seems to suggest?

Vespa

Re: MOT time

Post by Vespa » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Mine passed 1st time in May and I too have that £700 cover in the extended warranty I bought. (it was also in the previous warranty that was from the factory) I am not sure but I think this lasts for a few MOT's not just the first.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

BRC

Post by BRC » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Many thanks Vespa.
Must admit I'm still not sure how long the warranty lasts but it's an added bonus I hadn't originally appreciated. I'm sure the car will sail through but now I don't need to be too concerned if it doesn't.

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:16 am

I know if you had the service plan they will pay for repairs to get it through its MOT (up to a specific value) - wasn't aware such a thing was included as part of the standard 3yr warranty?

BRC

Post by BRC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:25 am

PaulC wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:16 am
I know if you had the service plan they will pay for repairs to get it through its MOT (up to a specific value) - wasn't aware such a thing was included as part of the standard 3yr warranty?
I'm not sure it's part of the standard warranty but something you pay for. Must admit I cannot be sure of this because I simply found it in my documetation package and to be honest I am unsure how this came to be.
I'll be calling Harwoods in a day or two and will check out the matter then. Will keep you advised.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:28 am

It is in the warranty and you will be very unlikely need to use it. Remember that wearables such as tyres, brake pads and discs etc are NOT covered. However if a part fails because of influence of a wearable then it will be covered.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”