Jaguar XE Forum banner

Build date

27K views 110 replies 23 participants last post by  PhilB 
#1 ·
H,i has any one recently ordered a car, if so have you been given a build date, two weeks since ordered no date from the dealer.

#3 ·
I ordered on 10th September. The dealer tells me every week that the car is on track to be with them by the end of October. I hope it turns out to be correct because the wife and I are sharing one car at the moment and it is bl**dy inconvenient! But I think 6 - 7 weeks from order to handover seems a little wishfull thinking to me. I was never given a "build date" as such.

#4 ·
Ordered 4th Sept, a 300 sport, delivered to dealers this week, should pick it up next week. 7 weeks from order to pickup. :D

#7 ·
It's odd that JLR are still quoting at least 7 to 8 week delivery times for orders, and yet they have just put Castle Bromwich on a 3 day week because of lack of customers. Still 8 weeks is a lot better than my XE order, which I placed in mid March and had to wait until mid August to get it.

#8 ·
I imagine the unexpectedly slow delivery time results from the need to have all the ordered options available at the at right moment. Perhaps a simple set of options would mean a quick delivery. The Jag Options System ( to give it a title) is very complex, and these days manufacturers operate the "Just in Time" method to keep stocking costs as low as possible, Jaguar no doubt included.

I'm just about to order a new XE which will have a slightly unusual mix of options - we'll see if it's a quick or a slow job! In my case, Christmas and the New Year may well get in the way, too. If that means that the car is 2019 Reg, then I'm not too bothered.

#9 ·
I ordered on 21st Aug. I was told end Nov/start Dec. On hearing of Jaguar going on 3 day week I asked for update as delivery delay meant winter and made putting off to 1 March a sensible way forward. On checking they told me 2nd Nov. I got a call circa 12th Oct that build had moved up with delevery to showroom on 26th Oct. A week later I got a call telling me that had moved to 22nd Oct. I pick it up on Wednesday. So for me it has been a 9 week wait.

I am pretty sure Lookers sat on the order while they worked the 1st Aug delivery rush. Not an issue as the salesman had said it would take time to place the order as everyone was busy.

Hope this helps you Davey.

#10 ·
I'm going to use the words "on the whole" and then "generally" as I know there are always exceptions........ :D
But generally most people have a wait of up to 10 weeks, on the whole.
Both mine were about 9-10 weeks and often dates actually come forward which is nice.
The exceptions seem to be when the cars are leased and the dealer/and/or lease company let things slip or with private sales sometimes when the dealer cocks things up and then tries to cover up mistakes they have made by telling lies.
Big fat ones!
:lol:

#11 ·
Arrived in work at 8:45 this morning after my usual Tuesday long commute (Mon / Fri WFH, Tuesday - Thursday on client site many miles away) and there was an email from dealer saying my car will be arriving with them this afternoon. Six weeks to the day since ordering. Very pleased with that, waited 16 weeks for the wife's car to get built / delivered.

#12 ·
I have been speaking with a dealer in regards to replacing my current XE with a new one and he mentioned that the information passed to him is that currently the next load date for XE builds is January.
I am presuming in discussion with him that the 0% offer is popular and with the current working restrictions in place by JLR it has pushed all the dates back. I have been assured though that upon ordering now even if the build/delivery and registration date is next year the 0% will be honored.
New MY20 builds are still planned for April so I will still get an MY19 car which is no problem to me as long as I get the 0%. But it is quite a wait now then for a new car build.

#13 ·
I was quoted 10-12 weeks, from 4/9/18, meaning end of November, i picked up the XE 300 sport (factory build), yesterday, a whole month earlier than expected. So Jan 19 may become dec 18.

#15 ·
Ordered mine today and earlier this week when discussing it I was told I would be looking at early Jan, same thing another dealer told me, but on ordering the date I have been given for now is end of Feb.

I'm guessing this is the dealer managing expectations, but prepared for anything.

#16 ·
My order went in about 12 days ago and dealer told me on monday no dates yet couldn't evan guess at one , was hoping for late November dont fancy waiting till feb , even with the great deal i got ( jlr privilege employee ) .the dealer did say up here (northwest ) they got a lot of enquiries and order's from employees.

#18 ·
Hi, after speaking to the dealer he says his branch have 20+ orders waiting in the queue for a build slot and without actually confirming it looks like February his advice is wait and reg it in march ,get my deposit back or look for a nearly new xe. 😭

#19 ·
Hold out Davey. You never know what will happen as it makes sense for JLR to plan orders all in one go so that they can make efficiencies in production rather than planning order by order. So when they do draw in the new batch, you don't know you won't be eying it earlier.

Also, if it's the car/spec you want, it still will be even after you settle for something else.

#20 ·
Update from my dealer is that he reckons the order call may take place next week. From my understanding, this takes place once per month where all the orders are drawn from the dealer's pools and put into build slots. I believe that usually they plan a month ahead, so November's call would usually be to populate build slots in December, enabling them to plan their production and update the EDIs to the supplier base.

Of course this would depend on how many build slots they have versus how many orders are in the pool as to whether or not it would be the following month or later.

Fingers crossed for all of us who have an order pending that it's an early December build. :D

#21 ·
It is worth the wait to get the spec you want.

#22 ·
Ordered an XE R-Sport 250PS over the weekend, will let you know when I hear on build date. Dealer expecting delivery end of January - hoping for sooner.

#23 ·
LiamH said:
Ordered an XE R-Sport 250PS over the weekend, will let you know when I hear on build date. Dealer expecting delivery end of January - hoping for sooner.
Welcome.
Quite a step-up from your current car but at least you will enjoy an Ad-Blue-free world!
:D

#24 ·
LiamH said:
Sounds nice, the red looks good. I've added to my spec twice since my order, so the delay has been good in that respect, but really hoping to have a build date by the end of this week.

#25 ·
Yep won't miss those boot fill ups!

Thanks, can't wait to see it in the flesh. Opted for 18" Black matrix alloys but tempted by the 19" vemons although hoping I don't change my mind before it's too late!!!

#26 ·
Hi, I completed paperwork with Lex on 21/9 for XE 250ps R Sport and they gave standard delivery date of 21/12. Dealer said should have the build date today and just been told its 11/1/2019 with delivery sometime end of January. He said the date may fluctuate. So quite a wait!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.