All Surface Progress Switch

All Jaguar XE related discussions
nobby2

All Surface Progress Switch

Post by nobby2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Just a post about what has just happened to me regarding this switch.
I was sitting at the traffic lights the other day and pressed this switch to see what it did, it fell trough into the interior of the console, not good i thought so i went to my service centre to get it sorted. They said that because my car was four months out of the three year warranty it was going to cost me the best part of (listen to this) £500 to fix it. Now to me this should not have happened as its the only time i have ever pushed it so there must have been a defect in the first place for this to happen. The service centre were having none of it and said that it was my fault and that is what it is going to cost. Has anyone else had the same problem or is there a way for me to remove the centre console and do it my self.

sarmes

Re: All Surface Progress Switch

Post by sarmes » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Never pressed it but will be trying it tomorrow!
200ps Ingenium R-Sport MY19, Fuji White, Heated Front Screen, Parking pack, Space saver, 10way Seats, Lumbar support and Towbar

mash101_98

Post by mash101_98 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:29 pm

I would push this for a resolution. In the UK, you still have rights as a consumer even beyond a products warranty period. Goods have to be fit for purpose and supplied to a reasonably expected quality. I would say it's reasonable to expect a rarely used button to survive more than one pressing in a vehicle of that age.

nobby2

Post by nobby2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Thats just what i was thinking, looking elsewhere on the forum it looks like the centre console sides and top just unclip and would take about 20 mins to do, so at Jaguars rate for the labour (they said £210+vat) they are charging me £400 per hour!! . I didnt get anywhere with the retailer so i have made a complaint with Jaguar Customer Service in Coventry, be interesting to see what happens next. Otherwise looks like i will have a go myself if the console is just clipped in.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”