words fail me!

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
DaiB

Re: words fail me!

Post by DaiB » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:44 pm

XE123 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:12 pm
Am I the only one that turns start stop off entirely every time I get in the car?
Nope. I turn mine off every time I get in the car. The diesel XE judders too much when re-starting.

spritely

Post by spritely » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:55 pm

DaiB wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:44 pm
XE123 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:12 pm
Am I the only one that turns start stop off entirely every time I get in the car?
Nope. I turn mine off every time I get in the car. The diesel XE judders too much when re-starting.
Me too :lol:
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 pm

My S/S has also packed up. It worked fine when we first collected the car. I do regular long motorway journeys so it can’t be short journeys. I actually quite like the feature as it means I get to hear the XES start up soundtrack again and again.
XE-S MY15 340PS
Santorini Black, 20” Propellers, Black Pack, Pan Roof, ACC, HUD, Winter Pack, Lighting Pack,18 Way Seats.

BevC

Post by BevC » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:21 pm

Since I have had my new car the blooming thing works every time - now I have to remember to switch it off. Didn’t work on my old car so I presume a new battery must have been included with the 2019 model year.
Current MY2019 Corris Grey/Oyster Portfolio 180 Auto AWD
Previously MY2015 Polaris White/Ebony Prestige 163 Manual

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:27 pm

Renesis wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 pm
I actually quite like the feature as it means I get to hear the XES start up soundtrack again and again.
I'm pretty sure mine didn't do the roaring startup from a stop/start stop like it does from a cold start, it just coughed back to life.

Mine used to work 100% of the time, but I've unplugged it now so it's always off as it's just so annoying (and I always forgot to turn it off). If I wanted to save the trees/turtles/polar bears etc, I wouldn't have bought a 3L V6.
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:41 am

BrianS wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:15 pm
my car goes back to dealer on Wednesday evening for them to test - I asked what they would do and they said charge it overnight and then monitor for any draining. Does this sound right?

I pretty much know its not losing much charge overnight as when I've driven the next day the stop/start has still been working. Not sure what this is going to prove and seems like a waste of time.
Getting back to the original battery issue, have things now been resolved or any outcome?
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:56 am

One has to wonder if the battery and stop/start on the XE is really the Achilles heal of moans about the car. I know it annoyed the life out of me. If it is fitted it should work. If it doesn't work 4 years is too long to find a solution. Now I am at a point where it's just "sod it"
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

BRC

Post by BRC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:04 pm

That's just as likely to be a significant contributory reason why the XE gets marked down on reliability scores, an inconsequential feature that should but doesn't work dragging down the overall rating of the car. Agree 4 years is more than long enough to resolve the problem and importantly what has this cost JLR not only in terms of immediate fixes but lost sales. Curiously mine is working just fine and has been so since Harwood’s worked their magic some three months ago i.e. a new 80 amp/hr battery.
XE Portfolio as a daily driver and Z4 because I still can!

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:16 pm

BRC wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:04 pm
That's just as likely to be a significant contributory reason why the XE gets marked down on reliability scores, an inconsequential feature that should but doesn't work dragging down the overall rating of the car. Agree 4 years is more than long enough to resolve the problem and importantly what has this cost JLR not only in terms of immediate fixes but lost sales. Curiously mine is working just fine and has been so since Harwood’s worked their magic some three months ago i.e. a new 80 amp/hr battery.
On another matter today I was at the dealers parts dept and they have offered me customer discounts on any parts when I go in. I am thinking of having one of their batteries, (80 amp), in May when the service is done.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

BrianS

Post by BrianS » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:02 pm

Phil B - My dealer has had it since Thursday and rang me on Friday to say they have checked the battery (using both the 1080 and 3080) and battery passes. They are keeping it over the weekend to see if any different on Monday. To be honest I'm not expecting them to find anything as since the Jaguar Assistance came out and charged the battery when it was flat the stop/start had been working despite short journeys so there can't be any drain on the battery. Could be just one of those things where something kept running when it shouldn't at a time when I didnt then use the car for a week. It will get a test in February when I am away for a week and I'll see what it is like when I come back.

As for the stop/start which stopped last summer I expect because of short journeys and air conditioning full on I'll invest in a CTEK charger if it stops again and see if that helps keep it going.
XE 250PS Portfolio 67 Narvic Black, Pro system, parking pack

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”