All Jaguar XE related discussions
I had this update applied about a month ago and wanted to wait until I was sure about the changes before posting.aec2514 wrote: ↑Sat May 04, 2019 4:00 pmHi,
I own a XE 20t I have had applied the H185 update 2 weeks ago and I encountered noticable differences in the car / driving experience.
1) I encountered a different engine behaviour during the cold start phase. The engine is changing the high rpm between 1500rpm and 1600rpm in a 2 sec interval until the warm-up phase is finished.
3) I recognized a slightly higher fuel consumption of about 0,5 and 0,8 ltr.
4) It seems to me, that the switching cycle of the automatic gear was changed, so the automatic gear switches earlier than in the past (in the Normal setting mode), so I am driving more at idle rpm than in the past. Or, if I misinterpreted this the turbo lag is noticable larger. I nearly never feel the turbo lag before the H185 software update was applied.
5) The engine sound became muffled, so the exhaust sound changed accordingly.
6) I think, that in the "Normal Mode" the car is noticeable more inharmonious. For smooth riding, the "Eco Mode" is the new choice, which was not the case before the H185 update.
It seems to be, that with petrol engines it is not only about the stop/start feature, which by the way I always switch off. So from this point, there is not difference in the car behavior.
I have definitely noticed the points 4 & 5 that aec2514 describes. The auto gear shift is annoying because it's changing up to 7th around 30 mph and 8th around 40 mph if coasting or very light throttle pressure is applied, so around 1000 rpm. (If anyone has the latest 300 version - MY 2019 +, I'd be interested to know when the change is on your's.)
They've also recalibrated the throttle response, so you have to press further to get a response. Coupled with the gear shift issue, a change in driving style is required.
I complained to Jaguar customer services about the lack of clarity as to what the update really entailed, but to no avail. Basically, they said we're sorry but tough if you want to keep the warranty.
All the power is still there if you need it thankfully, it's more trundling around town that's annoying.
Oh, and as a consolation I did get Apple Car Play for nothing.
White R Sport 30t AWD MY 2018. A bit scary tbh!!