Has anyone noticed?

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Gojira

Re: Has anyone noticed?

Post by Gojira » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:29 pm

If you are using adaptive cruise, and come up behind a slower driver at just the wrong point to pull out and pass, due to other traffic, when you finally pull out to pass, it drops two gears to get back up to speed :D

Even SWMBO was impressed!
A Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Pete McK

Post by Pete McK » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:34 pm

PhilB wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:04 am
Just been out and on the way home was following (read being held up by) a car that is named exactly the opposite of what it really is.
Suzuki Swift.
:roll:
There’s a new Swift Sport with 1.4 boosterjet engine, does 60 in 8s dead and comes loaded with kit. Not the opposite :)
Pete.
'17 XE 180d, Caesium blue.

Pete McK

Post by Pete McK » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:36 pm

... that the dials do several different ways of shutting down? Sometimes all the illumination goes off in one go, sometimes the numbers disappear and leave the increments visible for a bit?
Pete.
'17 XE 180d, Caesium blue.

ChrisGB

Post by ChrisGB » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:36 am

PhilB wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:04 am
Just been out and on the way home was following (read being held up by) a car that is named exactly the opposite of what it really is.
Suzuki Swift.
:roll:
Shame on the driver! I use a Swift SZ5 as a training vehicle and it can cover ground at a serious rate of knots when pedalled with positive mental attitude. And the S/S works all the time in the Swift!
S 380, ICT Pro, resale grey. Fun and comfy!

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:44 am

ChrisGB wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:36 am
Shame on the driver! I use a Swift SZ5 as a training vehicle and it can cover ground at a serious rate of knots when pedalled with positive mental attitude. And the S/S works all the time in the Swift!
I think you are the exception.
Round here, they all seem to be driven by coffin dodgers.
I suppose they think it might be a racy alternative to the Jazz or Micra.
:lol:
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:53 pm

Can we not mention Suzuki Swift's please?

I got closer than I liked to having to press the emergency button this morning - on a 3-lane approach to a rounsabout on the Worcester bypass, I'm in the correct lane to go straight on, and a young *bleep* in a Swift is alongside me on the left, in the lane to turn off to Malvern.

When te traffic clears, I pull away gently, and Mr Swift realises he wants to go straight on, cutting across hard into my lane :roll:

I hit the brakes and the horn, and as he turns to see whats wrong, I see that he is on his mobile phone, with a car full of passengers.

Fortunately I missed him, but SWMBO was -not- amused!

I let him get out of the way, and he sits at sub-Audi distance from the Mini in front of him!

And youngsters wonder why their insurance is expensive...

Apart from that, it was a really nice trip to Hay-on-Wye, including a little bit of proper B-road fun :lol:
A Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:56 pm

I'm currently on the South coast. Has anyone noticed how seagulls seem to prefer to sh&% on red cars? It seems like everytime I park it gets another patch on it. Don't leave it, I've seen it strip chrome off a motorcycle exhaust.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:06 pm

Has anyone noticed that now the Stop/Start issue is largely fixed (Feb Software update rollout), that it's gone a lot quieter on here. Fewer issues seem to be being flagged. Could one major (?) issue like that, really have that effect?

As regards my original post on this thread I will turn 10,000 miles in the next week or two, and though we have been assured that there is nothing in the system to affect it, I will still be taking note.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:51 pm

Yes Mike I too have noticed that the subject is not as popular as it was. No doubt it has been secretly sorted as cars have been serviced. As long as mine still works as it is supposed to I am satisfied.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Mike Rometer wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:06 pm
Has anyone noticed that now the Stop/Start issue is largely fixed (Feb Software update rollout), that it's gone a lot quieter on here. Fewer issues seem to be being flagged. Could one major (?) issue like that, really have that effect?
It's not quieter on here really.
I've just declared June a moan free month so I have been getting up early to delete all the new topics before you lot get out of bed.
:mrgreen:
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”