Jaguar XE Forum banner

Anyone still looking for a new V6 XE-S (380)

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  UV Blue 
G
#1 ·
Hi, just thought I would post this, just in case anyone is still hunting for a new XE-S, as it is quite rare to find "new" ones now.
I am not selling this nor affiliated with JLR, I just thought it was a rare one to find and someone might be interested.

Jaguar stock number - 2937060 - https://used.jaguar.co.uk/search#/details/2937060

It was built in March 2018 and held in storage/stock until it was registered in January 2019 as a showroom car so it is on a 68 plate and then demonstrator from March. It's only done 100 miles and the 3yr manufacturer warranty runs until 20-MAR-2022 so it is only 23 days old as far as Jaguar are concerned.

It is of course an MY18 model as that was the end of V6 XE-S. It is also isn't an "O" reg Paragon vehicle which is a rare find on a car that has been hiding for over a year. At £36k for a 380 XE-S with pretty much everything on it for an MY18 it could be a very good deal for someone.

#2 ·
That price is exceptional for a 100 miler.
But, and it's a big but, as we have mentioned before with these "68" reg XE S's they have been sitting around somewhere for all that time.
I wonder if the rear discs are ok?
:lol: :lol:

A 2 year old S with 10,000 miles would be on the forecourt for only a couple of grand less so a bargain but with a "buyer beware" caveat!
:D

It's also only 3 miles from me.
Shame I won't go near that dealer.
:D

G
#3 ·
True but as far as Jaguar are concerned it is 23 days old and has 3 years Jaguar manufacturer warranty (and oddly the 2-yr used approved warranty as well so take your pick!).

Like any used car always worth getting it checked out and asking the dealer "where has this car been for the last year"!!! I would love to know where all these MY18 but 68-plate XE-S keep coming from? There must be a secret car park somewhere....... I am waiting to see a 19-plate one and I am surprised Jaguar do it because usually the MY year is in front of the actual year but this case we have a 2019 car that is only a MY18! Don't always believe the reg plate on a Jaguar car is a sign of when it was built.

It is JCP41491 if anyone wants to view spec in Topix.

#5 ·
simpler said:
Like any used car always worth getting it checked out and asking the dealer "where has this car been for the last year"!!! I would love to know where all these MY18 but 68-plate XE-S keep coming from? There must be a secret car park somewhere.......
I think these were built as demos/dealer stock then someone else in JLR decided to pull the V6 so they were left in the "pool".
Probably some windswept disused airfield somewhere.... :lol:

I suppose they are technically being honest with the price but the reg can be a bit deceiving and I wonder if the salesperson would volunteer the information that the car is a year old ?
I also wonder if anyone bought one of these for a lot more money on the understanding it was new?

#6 ·
simpler and PhilB ponder on where they have been. A 6500 capacity JLR storage park by the A34 in Stone,Staffs may be the answer. The site is full (ish) with lots of new XE's and F's amongst the LR's. Many seem to have been there a long time.....

G
#7 ·
PhilB said:
I also wonder if anyone bought one of these for a lot more money on the understanding it was new?
I've not seen any XE-S built after April 2018 based on JCP sequence number on system.

The list price was £46,395 plus it has most of the "packs" from the MY18 model year so it would of tipped the scales at over £50k I guess.
I don't know if the Jaguar list price as shown includes or excludes options BTW.

So a bargain for £36k and I bet you could get £1k off as well. But yes, you wouldn't be wanting to see one with just delivery miles and pay the original MRRP for a 19-plate MY18 car when MY20 will be out on 19-plates later in the year as you would lose £15k as you exit the car park. Be careful out there!

#8 ·
Prestige said:
simpler and PhilB ponder on where they have been. A 6500 capacity JLR storage park by the A34 in Stone,Staffs may be the answer. The site is full (ish) with lots of new XE's and F's amongst the LR's. Many seem to have been there a long time.....
I heard about that place.
It does mean that with the introduction of the facelifted "MK 2" coming out there will be some bargains to be had but as has already been said it's buyer beware and asking some pertinent questions such as build date etc could mean even more discounts.
As regards the S being talked about here, if I was interested (I'm not) then I would be all over the discs with a fine tooth comb and also insist it was serviced with an oil change as it has been sitting for 12 months.

#11 ·
PhilB said:
It does mean that with the introduction of the facelifted "MK 2" coming out there will be some bargains to be had
Apparently Jaguar have managed the run out of the MK1 XE stock very well, when I asked my dealer what was available last week, there's not too much stock vehicles available. This is contrary to the Evoque, Land Rover have a lot of MK1 stock left as they announced the coming of the MK2 along time ago so customers held off buying and waited for the new model. If you want a run out loaded MK1 Evoque there's plenty around. Phil you may find your MK2 Evoque in the same reg block as a MK1.

#12 ·
Those rear disks don't look too bad to me. Mine look much worse and its been driven for 18 months.

A couple of other observations with that rear wheel picture:
- what is on the tyre sidewall at 12 o'clock? Looks a bit like a crack
- there are a lot of wheel weights and the coloured dot on the sidewall hasn't been fitted alongside the valve

Still looks like a cracking deal if you know what you're doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.