New purchase (Meridian question)

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Post Reply
ThatBloke
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 14, 2019 5:50 pm
Location: Bristol

New purchase (Meridian question)

Post by ThatBloke » Tue May 14, 2019 6:03 pm

Evening People.
First thank you for allowing me to join this forum.

Ive just put a deposit down on a 17 plate Jaguar XE R Sport and had to be patient to get one with the Meridian Sound system after reading your comments over the past few years.
I havent been able to get to the showroom as of yet so have been relying on information from the Jaguar dealership and Autotrader ad.
Both state Meridian sound included but doesnt say which one. To add to confusion the info on the Autodrader ad states the 80w Jaguar Sound system .
For the year which am i likely to get ?
Jaguar XE R-Sport (180 )


simpler
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:22 pm
Location: UK

Re: New purchase (Meridian question)

Post by simpler » Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 pm

As I understand there are 4 possible versions.

Early cars came with 80w standard system (L1) on build sheet which later became 125w (L2).
Then there was the Meridian upgrade option which was 380w and listed as (L3) on build sheet and a further 800w Meridian Surround Sound branded system which is (L4).

If you PM me your reg I can use Jaguar system to resolve VIN and then get the build sheet which will give you the full spec and the actual sound system installed.


ThatBloke
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 14, 2019 5:50 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: New purchase (Meridian question)

Post by ThatBloke » Tue May 14, 2019 6:47 pm

simpler wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 pm
As I understand there are 4 possible versions.

Early cars came with 80w standard system (L1) on build sheet which later became 125w (L2).
Then there was the Meridian upgrade option which was 380w and listed as (L3) on build sheet and a further 800w Meridian Surround Sound branded system which is (L4).

If you PM me your reg I can use Jaguar system to resolve VIN and then get the build sheet which will give you the full spec and the actual sound system installed.
Thanks for the quick response
Ive clicked on your name but see no option to pm you.
I see a "Contact simpler" but nothing is highlighted or linked
Jaguar XE R-Sport (180 )


User avatar
Mike Rometer
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:28 am
Location: N. Staffs

Re: New purchase (Meridian question)

Post by Mike Rometer » Tue May 14, 2019 7:01 pm

P.Ms at the top of the page.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)


ThatBloke
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 14, 2019 5:50 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: New purchase (Meridian question)

Post by ThatBloke » Tue May 14, 2019 7:13 pm

I dont think I can PM as i have only just registered :(
Jaguar XE R-Sport (180 )


User avatar
Bazzamf
Posts: 433
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: Bucks

Re: New purchase (Meridian question)

Post by Bazzamf » Tue May 14, 2019 7:35 pm

The Portfolio model is the only car that came with the Meridian sound system as standard and is the main reason I chose this model. If your car does have a Meridian system it will be an extra that was added, otherwise it will be the basic jag system, which is definitely not as good, in my opinion.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black


simpler
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:22 pm
Location: UK

Re: New purchase (Meridian question)

Post by simpler » Tue May 14, 2019 7:37 pm

ThatBloke wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:13 pm
I dont think I can PM as i have only just registered :(
PM sent. To everyone else with the 380w Meridian sound system - I thought the front speakers had a "Meridian Sound" sticker on the them?


User avatar
Bazzamf
Posts: 433
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: Bucks

Re: New purchase (Meridian question)

Post by Bazzamf » Tue May 14, 2019 7:43 pm

simpler wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:37 pm
ThatBloke wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:13 pm
I dont think I can PM as i have only just registered :(
PM sent. To everyone else with the 380w Meridian sound system - I thought the front speakers had a "Meridian Sound" sticker on the them?
Yes they do have a Meridian label on the front door speakers.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black


simpler
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:22 pm
Location: UK

Re: New purchase (Meridian question)

Post by simpler » Tue May 14, 2019 7:55 pm

That is what I thought. The build sheet for this car says ""BRANDED SOUND SYS (L3)" which is the Meridian 380w system.
But the notes and pictures online show the front speakers with no meridian label.

Um..... presume that is why even Jaguar advert is unsure! :lol:
Last edited by simpler on Tue May 14, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.


ThatBloke
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 14, 2019 5:50 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: New purchase (Meridian question)

Post by ThatBloke » Tue May 14, 2019 7:56 pm

thank you Gents :)
Jaguar XE R-Sport (180 )


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”