Face lift model

All Jaguar XE related discussions
User avatar
Vespa
Posts: 4805
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:50 am
Location: North West UK

Re: Face lift model

Post by Vespa » Mon May 20, 2019 8:35 am

[quote=PhilB post_id=88275 time=1558330860 user_id=487

I'm 60 and luckily have perfect distance vision but need to use glasses for reading and I didn't have an issue with it in camera mode.
:D
[/quote]

Ah Ha!!! You are entering the old fart zone. :lol: :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D


User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 5879
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Face lift model

Post by PhilB » Mon May 20, 2019 9:12 am

Vespa wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:35 am
Ah Ha!!! You are entering the old fart zone. :lol: :lol:
"Old fart" is an attitude rather than an age thing.
About 9 months ago I had the old blood test thing and everything came back fine.
Doc said to me "you have the body of a 45 year old".
I said "Do you think I should give it back?"
:D
Current: 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.


Delboy 64
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: cornwall

Re: Face lift model

Post by Delboy 64 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:37 pm

I don't like the new interior. i love the rotary gear knob and the smoothish lines on the console. Now there are 2 big round things sticking out in the middle of the console. Looks horrible.
2018 R Sport 25T White with Black Pack, Cold Climate pack, Parking Pack, Tinted windows 250PS :D


User avatar
Jay
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:55 am
Location: Lancashire

Re: Face lift model

Post by Jay » Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 pm

I've got to agree with Delboy on that gear stick. The rotary selector is one of the (many) reasons I like being in my XE. Drove a new auto Evoque the other day and really didn't like the gear selector.
XE R-Sport 2.0D 180 Auto. MY17 Santorini Black.


User avatar
Bazzamf
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: Bucks

Re: Face lift model

Post by Bazzamf » Tue May 21, 2019 6:09 pm

Jay wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 pm
I've got to agree with Delboy on that gear stick. The rotary selector is one of the (many) reasons I like being in my XE. Drove a new auto Evoque the other day and really didn't like the gear selector.
If it's the same as in the E Pace then I do agree with you Delboy. I had use of an E Pace for a short time and found the gear change awkward. Maybe it's just that I didn't have time to get used to it. However the rising gear knob is a great novelty and works for me.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black


User avatar
Mikeyjd
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:10 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Face lift model

Post by Mikeyjd » Wed May 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Bazzamf wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:09 pm
Jay wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 pm
I've got to agree with Delboy on that gear stick. The rotary selector is one of the (many) reasons I like being in my XE. Drove a new auto Evoque the other day and really didn't like the gear selector.
If it's the same as in the E Pace then I do agree with you Delboy. I had use of an E Pace for a short time and found the gear change awkward. Maybe it's just that I didn't have time to get used to it. However the rising gear knob is a great novelty and works for me.
I too like the rotary "puck". And whilst I agree it is a bit of a "novelty" as you call it, once you get used to it, it's easy to use. It also seems to impress most passengers who think it is really cool. It is nice to have a feature in your car that impresses others.
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, plus loads of extras.


User avatar
UV Blue
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 9:47 am
Location: South East

Re: Face lift model

Post by UV Blue » Wed May 22, 2019 4:59 pm

Mikeyjd wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:56 pm
Bazzamf wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:09 pm
Jay wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 pm
I've got to agree with Delboy on that gear stick. The rotary selector is one of the (many) reasons I like being in my XE. Drove a new auto Evoque the other day and really didn't like the gear selector.
If it's the same as in the E Pace then I do agree with you Delboy. I had use of an E Pace for a short time and found the gear change awkward. Maybe it's just that I didn't have time to get used to it. However the rising gear knob is a great novelty and works for me.
I too like the rotary "puck". And whilst I agree it is a bit of a "novelty" as you call it, once you get used to it, it's easy to use. It also seems to impress most passengers who think it is really cool. It is nice to have a feature in your car that impresses others.

fwiw, I like the rotary too! :D
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics


User avatar
Gojira
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:41 pm
Location: Sandwell, West Midlands

Re: Face lift model

Post by Gojira » Wed May 22, 2019 5:29 pm

The rotary selector is the main reason I made sure I got a pre-facelift...

That and I'd have had to wait a lot longer :lol:

Has anyone taken delivery of a facelift XE yet? I haven't seen one mentioned on here, but the combination of retirement and a new blue toy means I might not have been paying enough attention :oops:
A Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:


User avatar
liebherr
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:24 pm
Location: Scottish Highlands

Re: Face lift model

Post by liebherr » Wed May 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Picking this up on Friday I hope

20190521_101828[689].jpg

Cheers
Mark


User avatar
Gojira
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:41 pm
Location: Sandwell, West Midlands

Re: Face lift model

Post by Gojira » Wed May 22, 2019 8:03 pm

Very nice!

Enjoy it :D
A Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”