Face lift model

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Rob Wright

Re: Face lift model

Post by Rob Wright » Tue May 28, 2019 8:21 pm

Agreed, it's a reflection of the camera mans thumb that gives a false impression. Zoom in and all is revealed :)
Corris Grey 25D AWD R-Sport

Marks_DTM

Post by Marks_DTM » Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Just been for a blast in a 20MY, my observations.

No a fan of the stick, its a bit clunky and when manoeuvring the need to press an interlock button and shift means I occasionally try to drive and its not in gear (beware when shifting reverse to forward), found the same on the Evoque

The Instrument Panel (IP) is changed such that the trim is not present so creaking is eliminated

Clearview rear view mirror takes a bit of getting used to!

Not a big fan of the steering wheel and controls

Wireless phone charger is a useful feature.
Drives - Velar HSE 240D and 2019MY XE Landmark 20T - Cold Climate Pack - Adaptive Headlights - Power Boot - Memory seat pack - Folding and dimming door mirrors - Heated Rear Seats - Spare Wheel

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Wed May 29, 2019 1:43 pm

I took another look when I picked mine up an hour ago. I hadn't noticed before that they have added another 12v socket on open view. I like! I miss that on mine. Still haven't driven one.

Also had a seat in the E-Pace, cricky that rear window is small! :o
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

jamesg

Post by jamesg » Thu May 30, 2019 6:12 pm

Marks_DTM wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 pm
Just been for a blast in a 20MY, my observations.

No a fan of the stick, its a bit clunky and when manoeuvring the need to press an interlock button and shift means I occasionally try to drive and its not in gear (beware when shifting reverse to forward), found the same on the Evoque

The Instrument Panel (IP) is changed such that the trim is not present so creaking is eliminated

Clearview rear view mirror takes a bit of getting used to!

Not a big fan of the steering wheel and controls

Wireless phone charger is a useful feature.
I had a test drive in a diesel one prior to ordering my P250, you’re right about the clearview mirror, the salesman kept asking what I thought of it and was a bit annoyed when I said it gave me double vision :lol:

Bassman62

Post by Bassman62 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:54 am

I'm a bit late to this conversation but took delivery of the new MY20 just under 2 weeks ago - my dealer (Grange Hatfield) said it was the first on the road for them. Previous XE was manual MY16 163D Prestige and have now upgraded to 250 SE.

Obviously moving from diesel the performance is hugely different but also the ride has been softened in the Normal/Comfort mode. Roadholding especially in Dynamic is still very good - I have a "test track" near me and the car performs very well round the bends.

As I had a manual, the new gear selector is not a problem for me - although I did like the look of the dial in the earlier versions.

The old ICT was so poor the ICTPro had to be an improvement which it is and I like a lot of the new features I am able to use. As someone pointed out the trim just below the windscreen has gone which is a shame but the "leather" dashboard trim is a big step up from the plastic in my last XE. The digital instrument panel is good although I think they could have made even more of it with a few more customisation options. For instance you can have both speedo and rev counter displayed or just rev counter - why not be able to choose the speedo if you only want one dial on show?

Passengers have said the car feels bigger but I'm sure that's not actually true.

Overall I am very happy - I liked my old XE a lot but this updated model is an improvement.
250 SE MY20

jamesg

Post by jamesg » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Bassman62 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:54 am
I'm a bit late to this conversation but took delivery of the new MY20 just under 2 weeks ago - my dealer (Grange Hatfield) said it was the first on the road for them. Previous XE was manual MY16 163D Prestige and have now upgraded to 250 SE.

Obviously moving from diesel the performance is hugely different but also the ride has been softened in the Normal/Comfort mode. Roadholding especially in Dynamic is still very good - I have a "test track" near me and the car performs very well round the bends.

As I had a manual, the new gear selector is not a problem for me - although I did like the look of the dial in the earlier versions.

The old ICT was so poor the ICTPro had to be an improvement which it is and I like a lot of the new features I am able to use. As someone pointed out the trim just below the windscreen has gone which is a shame but the "leather" dashboard trim is a big step up from the plastic in my last XE. The digital instrument panel is good although I think they could have made even more of it with a few more customisation options. For instance you can have both speedo and rev counter displayed or just rev counter - why not be able to choose the speedo if you only want one dial on show?

Passengers have said the car feels bigger but I'm sure that's not actually true.

Overall I am very happy - I liked my old XE a lot but this updated model is an improvement.
Lucky sod, I’ve still got 6 weeks to wait for mine :D

Wyngard

Post by Wyngard » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:10 pm

Bassman62 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:54 am

When did you place your order to get the car so soon?
XE P300AWD Firenze Red MY2020

Bassman62

Post by Bassman62 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:14 pm

I placed the order in early March - I had placed an order for a MY19 model in early February but that was cancelled so I was "forced" to order the My20 version.

Cheers

Huw
250 SE MY20

Wyngard

Post by Wyngard » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:41 pm

Damn. I ordered mine on 28th of February, still no news from the dealer. Only that Jaguar sent the bill :D
XE P300AWD Firenze Red MY2020

JagAttack

Post by JagAttack » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:32 am

Wyngard wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:41 pm
Damn. I ordered mine on 28th of February, still no news from the dealer. Only that Jaguar sent the bill :D
Exactly the same here! Can't wait any longer... :(
XE P300 AWD R-Dynamic SE, Yulong White, 20“ Propellers

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”