Another XE-S Purchase Thread

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Inpher

Another XE-S Purchase Thread

Post by Inpher » Mon May 20, 2019 10:26 pm

Hi all

I've been browsing the forums for the last few days but thought I'd register to ask a few questions of the wise owners on here. I'm currently looking at buying a 2015 (MY16?) XE-S with - according to the approved used advert - a lot of options. Almost all of them in fact, apart from the ICTP (and I'm not sure if that was available in early models).

I'm quite a cautious person when making purchases and like to research them thoroughly. There are a couple of things about this car which (having not seen it yet) are setting off my "sixth sense". The mileage is incredibly low for a 15 plate (around 5,000) and, according to a history check, 3,500 of those miles came in the first 4-5 months or so of the car's life, so I do wonder what it has been doing since. It's an "O" plate, which when combined with the very full options list and comparatively higher mileage in the first few months makes me think it could have been a press car. The advert however, says it was privately owned rather than by JLR, and as far as I've been able to tell, it's only had one owner.

The price also seems fairly reasonable (with, hopefully, some room for negotiation) which has me puzzled.

I suppose my questions are:

1. Is there someone here who would be kind enough to run the VRM to get the VIN so they (or me) can check on Topix to get more info about the car?

2. Is there anything in particular I should be aware of when getting a 15 plate with such a low mileage? Assuming it's barely been driven by the one owner, I'm thinking disc corrosion and other problems that come along with cars being laid up for a while could be considerations. I'm also thinking that software updates and service actions may not be up to date.

3. What's the Used Approved warranty like? Is it anywhere near as good as the new car warranty?

4. I'll be coming from a BMW of the same age and comparative performance, but a coupe rather than a saloon. Same transmission coupled to a similar engine (3 litre turbocharged I6 rather than supercharged V6), but more spartan on the options. If there are ex-BMW owners on here is there anything that will take getting used to? I hear ICT is pretty pants compared to iDrive for example, and performs like a cheap Android tablet.

That said I'm quite looking forward to a change and the XE-S does look quite special, in particular the way it handles and (apparently) the steering feedback. Hopefully this one's a good example and not a press/track car or lemon!
2015 XE S in Italian Racing Red

Deleted User 4390

Re: Another XE-S Purchase Thread

Post by Deleted User 4390 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:36 pm

Hi, "O" plate cars are Paragon vehicles.
Loads of info on here from myself and others on this.

If you PM me the reg I will lookup the VIN and history on Jaguars system tomorrow when I'm back in. EDIT - you only have one post so you won't be able to PM so I've sent you a message and should be able to reply to it.

Inpher

Post by Inpher » Mon May 20, 2019 11:52 pm

I see - so Paragon are a fleet solutions company. Which in this case I guess could mean anything from an ex company car to a hire car, but does indicate the advert's claim of one private owner may not be accurate!

Many thanks for the offer simpler - I'll reply to your PM.
2015 XE S in Italian Racing Red

Deleted User 4390

Post by Deleted User 4390 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:27 am

PM received. I'll lookup the VIN on Jaguar system when I get to work later this PM and will reply to your PM.

DaveL

Post by DaveL » Tue May 21, 2019 8:38 am

I too am looking to buy an "S" later this year, it would be much appreciated Simpler if you could do the same for me when the time comes.

Dave
MY20 XE P250S Portofino Blue

Deleted User 4390

Post by Deleted User 4390 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:42 am

DaveL wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:38 am
I too am looking to buy an "S" later this year, it would be much appreciated Simpler if you could do the same for me when the time comes.

Dave
Yes that's fine. Start a new topic or PM me when ready.

DaveL

Post by DaveL » Tue May 21, 2019 8:58 am

Thank you, probably be a new topic, as not sure how many posts you need to PM

Dave
MY20 XE P250S Portofino Blue

Deleted User 4390

Post by Deleted User 4390 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:50 am

I have PM'ed you back.

This was car number 263 off the production line registered 17th April 2015. Interesting one!!

After reviewing and if your not buying this car then feel free to post the contents of my PM for others.

Cheers.

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire » Tue May 21, 2019 10:54 am

Intriguing :D
2.0 200 Bluefire R-Sport
Templar wheels, Meridian sound, Advanced parking, Climate pack + Heated rear, Aluminium Paddles - of course :)

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Tue May 21, 2019 7:55 pm

From experience of purchasing mine with low miles on, check for cracks on the sidewalls of the tyres. Also check stop start works. Mine worked upon purchase then stopped but the dealer has just got it working again after a service.
XE-S MY15 340PS
Santorini Black, 20” Propellers, Black Pack, Pan Roof, ACC, HUD, Winter Pack, Lighting Pack,18 Way Seats.