Good Bye to the XE

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Repairman

Good Bye to the XE

Post by Repairman » Fri May 31, 2019 9:59 pm

Well today said goodbye to Christine, its a shame but the debacle with the vibration and lack of support from Jaguar CRC and dismal service from Westover Jaguar Christchurch, I decided to bite bullet and switch to an XF, which is a joy to drive, so quiet and no vibration, I will still keep an eye on this forum as so many things are identical on both models and XF forums don't seem to have anything like the same level of community spirit and help that this forum gives, thanks to Vespa for all his advice over the last couple of years (yes Stop/Start works perfectly on XF :D )
to PhilB and admins, keep up the good work on managing this excellent forum, and if I am able to input any helpful advice in the future, I certainly will.

Regards Repairman

PS for those of you using Jaguar Remote (Apple) there is now a new version not an update, with a new look layout, apparently the old version will be phased out at some point
XF Portfolio in British Racing Green

PFGMG

Re: Good Bye to the XE

Post by PFGMG » Fri May 31, 2019 10:18 pm

Too bad you swapped your XE for another car, good thing it's a Jag again! Looking forward to some pictures and specs of your new XF.
Jaguar XE 20T prestige Santorini black
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5208
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7771

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Fri May 31, 2019 10:30 pm

Didn't think XE owners would want their forum tainted with pics of another model?

alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:39 pm

New app looks better but missing when subscription expires unlike the old app.
MY17 XE R-Sport 180 Auto | Yulong White / Oyster

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Fri May 31, 2019 10:44 pm

alanplum241276 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:39 pm
New app looks better but missing when subscription expires unlike the old app.
Agreed, the jury is out from me at moment as to whether I like it better than old app or not, touch id addition is handy, but everything else is similar but in a different layout

bjblyth

Post by bjblyth » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:41 am

Repairman wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:30 pm
Didn't think XE owners would want their forum tainted with pics of another model?
Yeaaaaah we do! Let’s see some photos!
Santorini Black XE R-Sport (MY17) | Automatic 2.0 Diesel 180ps | Meridian System | Privacy Glass | Jet Leather Interior | 18" 5030 Alloys | Owned since May 2019

BRC

Post by BRC » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:07 am

Sorry to see leave but fully understand the frustrations that you went through. I think it would be fair to say you gave the XE everyy opportunity to shine but sadly it wasn't to be. Hopefully the XF's maturity will finally give you some joy.
XE Portfolio as a daily driver and Z4 because I still can!

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:19 am

Good luck with the XF and thanks for the contributions you have made on here.
Ex-owners are always welcome to hang around.
I have to say that as I will be an ex-owner in a few weeks time provided those Scousers get their fingers out and build my next JLR banger.
:lol:
Current: 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:49 am

bjblyth wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:41 am
Repairman wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:30 pm
Yeaaaaah we do! Let’s see some photos!
Will post some later

G7DCW

Post by G7DCW » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:27 am

Like PhilB I'm waiting for the Scousers to produce "my" Evoque. I've obviously checked out the Evoque Forum, and it's nothing like as addictive as this one.

I don't understand the obsession with photos in general, and of cars in particular - one can check out the appearance of any JLA vehicle on the "Build your own XE", or whatever. One XE looks just the same as another of the same spec. I'm a bit unhelpful in this area as I don't have a "smartphone", nor a camera - so there will be no images of my Evoque, if it ever appears.

As for the XF - I have to say that I really disliked the one I had (a 2.2D - a bad choice of model), and got rid of it at the first opportunity. By contrast the XE is the best and most likeable car I have owned in 60 years - I just hope I won't regret moving to the old fart's version.
Petrol 240 Portfolio, Dark Sapphire.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”