Another delay

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Stephen

Re: Another delay

Post by Stephen » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:26 am

I've just received confirmation from Jaguar UK that the XE is staying at Castle Bromwich at this moment of time. The official statement from Jaguar is that Castle Bromwich will remain the home for the XE, XF and the F-Type.

As I mentioned in my previous post, any new updates will be posted on JLR's official medial page:
https://media.jaguarlandrover.com/en

Alanqs: who's your retailer? What he told you has no basis in fact and it's alarmed you, me and others on the forum and beyond. It's totally unprofessional.
Coming: P250 S in Portofino Blue with Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seats; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats

LesW

Post by LesW » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:46 am

When I went to the factory the XJ was made on another line in a different building. The XE and XF were built on the same line.
The XJ line is being totally re tooled the XE XF is still plodding along on the original line.
As for the 4 day week it makes more sense as the up time per day is greater as they are now doing 37 hours in 4 days rather than 5. As it takes time each day to get up to speed.
XE R-Sport (11 March) Polaris White, Meridian, Space saver,19 Venom, Keyless, 14 way memory, Folding seat, Black, Panoramic, Parking and Cold Pack
XE R-Sport 180 (replaced nearly everything) XF Face lift XF pre face lift X type face lift X type estate

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:00 am

Stephen wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:26 am
Alanqs: who's your retailer? What he told you has no basis in fact and it's alarmed you, me and others on the forum and beyond. It's totally unprofessional.
I was thinking exactly the same thing but didn't mention it at the time.
As it has now been confirmed it shows another example of how some uninformed idiot (salesman) can put doubt in people's minds and cause unecessary worry for people.
I think the next time you see him maybe educate him a bit.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Mitchbitch

Post by Mitchbitch » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:08 am

I agree Phil, however I reckon the salesman gave this “ cock n bull “ story as the order was delayed by two weeks reaching jaguar uk, on the plus side I can relax now knowing the XE is built here, and not in Slovakia, which horrified me, as the car they are famous for is the Skoda Rapide :roll:
MY20 XE P250s R Dynamic caesium blue

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:44 am

He was trying (badly) to cover his arse over the 2 week delay in the order going in.
I signed up the order on my current one, salesman sent it up the same day and 2 days later he phoned me to say it had been accepted and was now in the "pool" awaiting build.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Alanqs, I think you should be having a word with someone above the salesman at your dealership and point out how unhappy and alarmed you are that someone in his position can come out with such bulls**t.
This is totally unacceptable for someone representing Jaguar, the dealership and you, as the customer purchasing a brand new car, to behave.

I'm getting worked up just thinking about it and it doesn't even affect me :x
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

spritely

Post by spritely » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:23 pm

I agree with all the comments - this salesman should have his ear bent about this. Dreadful behaviour, causing much unnecessary worry.
Mark
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

jamesg

Post by jamesg » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:35 pm

Well I've just got good news :D

Email from dealer, I can pick my car up on Thursday - happy days :!: :!:
All in it's just under 10 weeks from order to delivery.

Alanqs

Post by Alanqs » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:29 pm

Jaguar have replied to me saying nothing about Slovakia, but wanting my order number and form so they can progress it which might include raising my concerns with the Solutions Executive Team (whatever they are). Since they were silent, I asked them about Slovakia again, as well.
Caldera Red P250 HSE. Clear Sight mirror, powered boot and some other stuff

Alanqs

Post by Alanqs » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Thanks for the outrage at my Dealer gents but at worst, getting into the pool delayed things by a week and a bit. My order was placed well over 7 weeks ago.

Like I said, perhaps my salesman is a "Walter Mitty" type but I think I might have a word with the Sales Manager at Taggarts especially when Jaguar Customer relations comes back to me now that I have sent them my order details. Jaguar's response should give me some more ammo to use...
Caldera Red P250 HSE. Clear Sight mirror, powered boot and some other stuff

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”