Jaguar XE Forum banner

Jaguar warranty ending - review?

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  147daytona 
#1 ·
Hi,

The Jaguar warranty on my new XF is coming to an end in a months time, is there anyway I can get Jaguar to check it for any problems before the warranty runs out?

Also is there anyway to double check the car doesn't have any servicing packages, or additional cover that purchased when new?

Thanks

Dan

G
#2 ·
I think that you need to refer this question to the dealer. If you are registered with TOPIX as an independant you can get a review of any outstanding recalls affecting your particular car.
https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm and you can also check info@car-recalls.eu for serious issues. As long as you haven't noticed any faults don't worry. You can buy an extended warranty from JLR, which I did, but it is a bit expensive. I put £200 per month away for repairs and have only used it to buy tyres last Oct. Most insurance companies will cover full breakdown recovery etc at around 50% less than going direct to the likes of the AA & RAC. That is part of the JLR warranty if you decide to buy a furthur year's cover at some £800. Beware with the extended warranty as there are several items not covered.

#3 ·
Now this is interesting!
I have the same question.
When I bought my XE, I was assured that when the warranty came to an end, I would be able to have an "end of warranty check". If I booked it well enough in advance. Say a month before it is due to run out or so.

Its now that time and I plan on calling and asking for one.

Did you have any luck with yours?
I don't think it would be too much to ask for a once over to check nothing has gone wrong in the time I've owned it.
And to fix any issues that have arisen.

I do also think I will take out the extended warranty.
Is this something alot of you have done?

#4 ·
Mike87 said:
Borat1987 said:
Hi,

The Jaguar warranty on my new XF is coming to an end in a months time, is there anyway I can get Jaguar to check it for any problems before the warranty runs out?

Also is there anyway to double check the car doesn't have any servicing packages, or additional cover that purchased when new?

Thanks

Dan
Now this is interesting!
When I bought my XE, I was assured that when the warranty came to an end, I would be able to have an "end of warranty check". If I booked it well enough in advance. Say a month before it is due to run out or so.

I don't think it would be too much to ask for a once over to check nothing has gone wrong in the time I've owned it.

Hmmm best of luck with that one Mike. Sounds to me like a typical car salesman comment made to seal the deal. I'll bet you don't have anything in writing.
I suspect the dealer reaction when you ask will be "Certainly sir, that will be £....."

#6 ·
BOBCDP said:
Mike87 said:
Borat1987 said:
Hi,

Thanks

Dan
Now this is interesting!

Hmmm best of luck with that one Mike. Sounds to me like a typical car salesman comment made to seal the deal. I'll bet you don't have anything in writing.
I suspect the dealer reaction when you ask will be "Certainly sir, that will be £....."
Hmm, that's my fear.
I dont think anything was in the paperwork about that.
I can try and see what they say.
Sadly I do expect you're right

Still plan on taking out the extended warranty though, that (if you can afford it at the time) does seem like a good idea. Just to fix any major problems that may occur mechanically.

#7 ·
Borat1987 said:
I booked my car in with Jaguar for a free health check, they were doing some warranty work anyway.

Also ask for all updates to be applied to the car, so all the software is updated.
Well, this does give me a glimmer of hope, although the part where you say they were doing some warranty work anyway does have me worried haha.
It may only be because of that, that they entertained idea of the request.

But, all I can do is call and try. Ask a couple of dealers and see what reactions they have.

G
#8 ·
I bought the extra year warranty at the end of my 3 years and never used it. Peace of mind is there but many items are not covered inc updates. Why not put the warranty price away in a seperate bank account and add to the account each month? I have amassed £12000 with regular monthly additions plus premium bond wins. So far I bought a battery as I wanted the stop/start working and was convinced that was then problem (Fixed with that) and a set of tyres with a wheel repair. One damaged at the time of wheel damage and two with nails in outer edge that hadn't punctured. As they were approaching 5 years old from manufacture I decided to replace the four. None of those would have been covered under warranty. Total around £900 the lot. The dealer gave me a trade discount on the battery and fitted it.
They also did a full check of the car one month before the warranty ran out FOC.

#9 ·
Vespa said:
I bought the extra year warranty at the end of my 3 years and never used it. Peace of mind is there but many items are not covered inc updates. Why not put the warranty price away in a seperate bank account and add to the account each month? I have amassed £12000 with regular monthly additions plus premium bond wins. So far I bought a battery as I wanted the stop/start working and was convinced that was then problem (Fixed with that) and a set of tyres with a wheel repair. One damaged at the time of wheel damage and two with nails in outer edge that hadn't punctured. As they were approaching 5 years old from manufacture I decided to replace the four. None of those would have been covered under warranty. Total around £900 the lot. The dealer gave me a trade discount on the battery and fitted it.
They also did a full check of the car one month before the warranty ran out FOC.
That's not a bad idea actually vespa.

And it would only not be the better way to go in the very unlikely event something huge were to go wrong.
Like, I don't know.. A clutch? They're expensive I hear (if the automatics have a similarly priced equivalent I'm not sure)

Or say the electric seats broke. That may not be cheap.

Other than that, you raise great points. It's all the wear and tear pieces we have to pay for. Breaks, tyres etc.
Could definitely set a car fund up for those. ☺

#10 ·
My warranty runs out in March so I will be making sure I get it booked in for its annual service to be done in February so if there is anything wrong it should still be covered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.