Another Stratstone Closed

All Jaguar XE related discussions
BOBCDP
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:51 pm
Location: Vale of Glamorgan

Another Stratstone Closed

Post by BOBCDP » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:05 am

If it's of any interest to anyone from this neck of the woods, a friend of mine with an XF tells me Stratstone Swansea have packed up and the dealership is now with Sinclair. They seem to be dumping all over the country. Not sure if that is just JLR or others too.
2020 - MY19 2018 R-Sport 30T AWD, Firenza, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano Roof, Touch Pro Dual,
40/20/40 Folding Seats. Heated s/wheel
2016- 2020 MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

Prestige
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Staffs

Re: Another Stratstone Closed

Post by Prestige » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:25 am

If it is anything like my recent experience with Stoke Stratstone,the dealership was sold to Rybrook who then very quickly closed the Jaguar part and converted the whole site to Land Rover.
As someone who specifically chose the local dealer Carwow deal for convenience rather than much better deals from those further away it is deeply disappointing when you lose the local dealership that a decent relationship existed with,and have a 30 mile trip to an unknown dealer for anything needed.
Certainly on my new car buying checklist a local dealer was very high up......as I no longer have a local Jag one,the Jaguar will not feature on my next replacement list.
And raise the issue to Jaguar ? Absolutely no help nor interest........
2018 200ps Prestige in Corris Grey.

User avatar
147daytona
Posts: 1369
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:50 pm
Location: Lowestoft, UK

Re: Another Stratstone Closed

Post by 147daytona » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:52 am

Where I live I call 30 miles local, thats the nearest one too me, the next being 40+ miles away. At least I get to give any courtesy car a good test drive :D
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

Deleted User 732

Re: Another Stratstone Closed

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:58 am

Prestige wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:25 am
If it is anything like my recent experience with Stoke Stratstone,the dealership was sold to Rybrook who then very quickly closed the Jaguar part and converted the whole site to Land Rover.
As someone who specifically chose the local dealer Carwow deal for convenience rather than much better deals from those further away it is deeply disappointing when you lose the local dealership that a decent relationship existed with,and have a 30 mile trip to an unknown dealer for anything needed.
Certainly on my new car buying checklist a local dealer was very high up......as I no longer have a local Jag one,the Jaguar will not feature on my next replacement list.
And raise the issue to Jaguar ? Absolutely no help nor interest........
Just check with Rybrook Land Rover and see if they will still service and look after your Jaguar. My dealer is Rybrook Jaguar and they seem to service a few Range Rovers as I have seen the odd one or two in the large service area.

User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 6957
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Another Stratstone Closed

Post by PhilB » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:02 am

My nearest (3 miles) was a Stratstones back in 2011.
Walked in looking at a new vehicle and was ignored so went to a different dealer 12 miles away and have been with them ever since.
The Stratsones got taken over by Lancaster a few years ago and moved to a new designer premises. :roll:
One weird thing I have encountered since going over to the dark side is at my dealer the Jaguar and Land Rover servicing is a separate thing.
Same reception but different receptionists.
Same big workshop but the techs are dedicated either Jaguar or LR and cannot work on both brands.
Strange.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

User avatar
Gojira
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:41 pm
Location: Sandwell, West Midlands

Re: Another Stratstone Closed

Post by Gojira » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:51 am

147daytona wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:52 am
Where I live I call 30 miles local, thats the nearest one too me, the next being 40+ miles away. At least I get to give any courtesy car a good test drive :D
There are still five main dealers within 25 miles of me, but I bet you have better scenery for the drive! :mrgreen:
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

spritely
Posts: 519
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:16 pm
Location: Llanon/Wales

Re: Another Stratstone Closed

Post by spritely » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:51 am

I hope Stratstone Cardiff is not next - could be my only dealer left, and they are 90 miles from me anyway - yikes. :shock:
Mark
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

User avatar
Mike Rometer
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:28 am
Location: N. Staffs

Re: Another Stratstone Closed

Post by Mike Rometer » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:29 pm

I got a card for Swansway Jaguar, Crewe, in the post the other day, obviously sent by Jaguar UK, because Strastone/Rybrooke Stoke had gone L.R only. I've taken that to mean Rybrooke don't want to service my Jag any more. I've heard nothing at all from Rybrooke directly Crewe is about 30 miles away, so I very likely won't bother, except perhaps if looking to change again.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

BevC
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:26 pm
Location: Leicestershire

Re: Another Stratstone Closed

Post by BevC » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:31 pm

It seems very strange they are converting to Land Rover as I seem to recall the tale of a Jaguar dealer who lost the franchise because they didn’t have space to take on Land Rover too. Maybe things have now changed.
Current MY2019 Corris Grey/Oyster Portfolio 180 Auto AWD
Previously MY2015 Polaris White/Ebony Prestige 163 Manual

BOBCDP
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:51 pm
Location: Vale of Glamorgan

Re: Another Stratstone Closed

Post by BOBCDP » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:42 pm

spritely wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:51 am
I hope Stratstone Cardiff is not next - could be my only dealer left, and they are 90 miles from me anyway - yikes. :shock:
Mark
No need to be concerned. Sinclair have taken over the dealership so you don’t have to come all the way to Cardiff 😊😊
2020 - MY19 2018 R-Sport 30T AWD, Firenza, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano Roof, Touch Pro Dual,
40/20/40 Folding Seats. Heated s/wheel
2016- 2020 MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

Post Reply