Another Stratstone Closed

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Prestige

Re: Another Stratstone Closed

Post by Prestige » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:05 am

And I now am told that the Tamworth dealership in Staffordshire closed in the summer.....so now no Jaguar presence in Staffordshire at all ! From Stoke and Tamworth to none......

Gaspode

Post by Gaspode » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:37 am

Prestige wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:57 am
Gaspode.....indeed seems good news. Have you sufficient experience of them to recommend them on the forum ? With the Stratstone Stoke demise I am after a recommended dealer.....I seem to be about 30 miles ( ish) from Crewe,Wolves,Tamworth and Derby dealers and the Jaguar " business transferred to" one isn't working out well.
An A50 trip is pretty painless for me ( and probably easiest journey) if they are well recommended ?
I'll let you know after I take my car in for a service next week - fingers crossed!
2017 Portfolio 2.0D (180) AWD - Santorini Black

bobmedley

Post by bobmedley » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:54 pm

Apparently the Stoke On Trent Jaguar dealer is building a new showroom to be shared with LR, opening at the end of the year

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/business/prestigious-car-dealership-been-taken-2658705

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Cheers Bob. That is at least news. I'll reserve the 'good' bit 'til it happens and has proved to be acceptable. Sorry if that sounds uncharitable, but having been let down already they have some ground to make up.

I could almost walk home from there, courtesy cars having in the past been few on the ground to non existent.

It says that Customers are aware of the move??? First I've heard of it and I've been a customer of theirs for about 15 years!

So what was the point of kicking out Jaguar from the existing site??? :? :roll: :? :roll: :? :roll:
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:44 pm

If only the Stoke Rybrook news was so.....this article is from March this year with the then fantasy of a new combined J and LR site next to the Stoke City FC stadium. Since then they have closed the Jaguar Hanley site(made it a sole LR dealership) and "transferred" our Jag business up to Crewe. Still half way through my 3.5 weeks wait for my first appointment there.
If only we were getting a nice,shiny new combo site in Stoke.....perhaps the frustration of Jaguar ownership in this area may be less !

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:20 pm

Gaspode wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:39 am
Just to counter the bad news of dealerships closing, I receieved an email yesterday to say that the new Inchcape combined Jaguar/Land Rover showroom in Derby is expected to open in December - only a move down the rooad for the exisiting showroom, but good to see some investment in the group....
The same thing happened near me. There were Jaguar and Land Rover dealerships in Chester. They were both taken over by Inchcape who recently built a brand new joint dealership unit on the Landrover site and closed down the Jaguar one. Very impressive, I'm sure they will sell a lot of cars. However, the service department is shocking. I won't go into everything but had problems everytime I had to take my car there over the last 18 months. Plus they NEVER return promised phone calls. Another problem is not enough courtesy cars for the amount of work they need to do. It seems they have invested loads of money in beautiful buildings and loads of nice new vehicles. But neglected to spend much on the important part i.e. keeping their cars on the road.
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:03 pm

bobmedley wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:54 pm
Apparently the Stoke On Trent Jaguar dealer is building a new showroom to be shared with LR, opening at the end of the year

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/business/prestigious-car-dealership-been-taken-2658705
I've had it confirmed today (though I've yet to actually see it myself) that there is a new 'Corporate' style building on the site in question, so perhaps it will yet happen. (Why we got no 'Party' smiley?)

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:19 pm

That's very interesting Mike.....will pop down to have a look tomorrow. More likely in our area to be new council offices though !
Have now been in to the Crewe dealership that our business was transferred to twice in the last 2 weeks for warranty work and ( long wait for courtesy car apart ) have found the service excellent.....but it's a long drive in rush hour/s.
It may have been noticed that they are radio advertising to inform the local Jag owners of their location and that they are the only dealer for the whole area.

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:32 pm

Prestige wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:19 pm
That's very interesting Mike.....will pop down to have a look tomorrow. More likely in our area to be new council offices though !
Have now been in to the Crewe dealership that our business was transferred to twice in the last 2 weeks for warranty work and ( long wait for courtesy car apart ) have found the service excellent.....but it's a long drive in rush hour/s.
It may have been noticed that they are radio advertising to inform the local Jag owners of their location and that they are the only dealer for the whole area.
Hence my caution, It could still turn out that the new premises are for LR only. :cry:

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:35 am

Been for a look this morning, and there is no clue as to the eventual marques that will be there, in fact no signage whatsoever that I could see. The main reason for the move must only be to be close to all the other makes dealerships, all the major ones are within spitting distance on the same estate.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”