XE myths and facts

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Yugi00

XE myths and facts

Post by Yugi00 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:00 am

Hello. I came here to ask some stuff about this car because from where i am the community isnt that big and informed well.
Two months ago i bought a 2017/12 XE 20D AWD version (PURE). The car is awesome in every way BUT. Since this is my first automatic and diesel car ever im starting to find some issues and seeking for some answers.

1. The cars maintanance cycle is set to 34000km from the factory which i find a little too extreme. But the dealer said its allright because the oil is some modern synthetic 0-30w which lasts long. The car has still warranty with that 3y free service option, but im not sure if i should change the oil more often elsewhere, because the official jaguar service wont accept the car untill the car indicates it.

2. I couldnt find this anywhere nor even the dealer could tell me exactly, but what type is the timing belt? Chain or regular?
3. When im driving around 1100-1300rpm and want to give some push i hear some ratling noise from the gearbox... something like when a manual car is rolling on low rpm and want to catch up. Any experiences with that?

4. When i park the car i keep the engine on for a minute to keep the turbo lubricated and then i turn it off. I can still hear some buzzing sound but im not sure if its the climate or the engine cooling.

5. The Incontrol system is well not what i expected. I knew its not the best but it really makes things hard sometimes. Not sure if there is some firmware to update it but i basically i cannot use my phone synced. A good 8 of 10 rides the phone just gets disconnected from bluetooth and for that reason i cannot stream anything.
The rear camera sometimes works sometimes not. If it doesnt i turn the engine off then on i instantly get a blue screen.
The parking sensors sometimes catching ghosts when im waiting at traffic lights from every angle.

6. I wanted to use the remote APP from my phone but at the registration process after entering the 6 digits from the VIN it says the VIN is not correct or my incontrol isnt supported. Which i found odd because i didnt found any info if there are different version of Incontrols between the PURE/PRESTIGE/R-sport

Sorry for my English if something isnt wrote correctly.
Thanks for any info!

Stephen

Re: XE myths and facts

Post by Stephen » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:22 am

Hi Yugi100,

In reply to your question 2, it's a timing chain not belt.

Question 4: that'll be the fans cooling down the car's computer modules after you've switched off the engine.

Question 5: Does your XE have the standard InControl Touch (with hard keys down both sides of the screen) or -Incontrol Touch Pro (10.2 inch touchscreen and softkeys along the bottom of the screen)?
🇬🇧 MY20: S P250 RWD; Portofino Blue and Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seat; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats; S20A1

Yugi00

Post by Yugi00 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:29 am

Stephen wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:22 am
Hi Yugi100,

In reply to your question 2, it's a timing chain not belt.

Question 4: that'll be the fans cooling down the car's computer modules after you've switched off the engine.

Question 5: Does your XE have the standard InControl Touch (with hard keys down both sides of the screen) or -Incontrol Touch Pro (10.2 inch touchscreen and softkeys along the bottom of the screen)?
If its chain then im glad. At least it wont need that much of a attention :)
I have that standard InControl Touch with hardkeys on both sides.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:50 am

Yugi00 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:29 am
I have that standard InControl Touch with hardkeys on both sides.
As against Touch Pro, I'm not sufficiently knowlegable to be able to tell you what the latest version of the standard InControl Touch software is, but I'm sure Jaguar has realeased updates and someone from the forum will be along to advise you soon.
🇬🇧 MY20: S P250 RWD; Portofino Blue and Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seat; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats; S20A1

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi Yugi, there's nothing wrong with your English.

What phone do you have? Apple or Android? - There have been many complaints about Bluetooth dropping out and it seems Android has the most problems. There's a long thread on here about it and one fix if you have a Samsung phone is to change the version of Bluetooth your phone uses to an older one. Not all phones have the ability to change it though, my Sony doesn't sadly. See here:

[url]https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7422[/url]

Another possibility is to download and install the Bluetooth Phonebook app which has worked for some people.

Regarding the Incontrol, it may be the full functionality is not available in your country. Local laws sometimes prohibit some features. Hopefully somebody can help.

Did you buy from a Jaguar dealer? Here in the UK the standard warranty is 3 years, so your car would still be under warranty. I have ICT and have had my firmware updated several times with no charge. It may help if you describe a problem rather than just requesting a software update. Mine kept losing all my stored radio stations and they agreed to put the latest version (at the time) on.
2016 180d Portfolio Auto. Ammonite Grey + Light Oyster. 19" Star 5 Twin-Spokes + lots of toys...
http://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2888

Madatter

Post by Madatter » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:56 pm

Software update for the Bluetooth problem, mine was the same, done under warranty.
XE 2.0TD MY16 ULTIMATE BLACK Prestige, Cold Climate Pack, Parking Pack, Pan Roof, Waste of Space WiFi. Extra Wheel in the boot. (And a towbar)

Yugi00

Post by Yugi00 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:21 pm

Nevyn wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:46 pm
Hi Yugi, there's nothing wrong with your English.

What phone do you have? Apple or Android? - There have been many complaints about Bluetooth dropping out and it seems Android has the most problems. There's a long thread on here about it and one fix if you have a Samsung phone is to change the version of Bluetooth your phone uses to an older one. Not all phones have the ability to change it though, my Sony doesn't sadly. See here:

[url]https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7422[/url]

Another possibility is to download and install the Bluetooth Phonebook app which has worked for some people.

Regarding the Incontrol, it may be the full functionality is not available in your country. Local laws sometimes prohibit some features. Hopefully somebody can help.

Did you buy from a Jaguar dealer? Here in the UK the standard warranty is 3 years, so your car would still be under warranty. I have ICT and have had my firmware updated several times with no charge. It may help if you describe a problem rather than just requesting a software update. Mine kept losing all my stored radio stations and they agreed to put the latest version (at the time) on.
Thank you for all those infos. Yes i have an Android (Samsung NOTE9) funny thing is that it sometimes works but mostly it just connects and after few random seconds it disconects. Since the car is still under warranty i might get a proper FW update. Basically its unusable. Maybe it might fix the Reverse camera issue too.

The dealership support here is terrible. :D so Fingers crossed

Yugi00

Post by Yugi00 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:22 pm

Madatter wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:56 pm
Software update for the Bluetooth problem, mine was the same, done under warranty.
Aaaand did it help? Really dont want to downgrade the phones BT because some of my devices depend on up to date bluetooth version.

MalcolmT

Post by MalcolmT » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:08 pm

Recently, I took mine in to the main dealer for an annual oil change, although one isn't due for another year.
The agreed it, an did an oil change service for £250.
They also did a thorough check of everything -even tyre wear - and reported it.
I felt it was well worth it.

XE123

Post by XE123 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:21 am

Yugi00 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:00 am

4. When i park the car i keep the engine on for a minute to keep the turbo lubricated and then i turn it off. I can still hear some buzzing sound but im not sure if its the climate or the engine cooling.
Hi Malcom. The buzzing that you hear is a little electric watee pump that is designed to pump water through the turbo after the engine has been switched off. This basically does exactly what you're doing by leaving the engine on :)
Jaguar XE - Caesium Blue / 25t R-Sport / 19" Wheels / Cold Climate Pack / 825w Meridian System / Full Screen Dashboard Display