New arrival next week

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Scuba

New arrival next week

Post by Scuba » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Picking up a 20MY R-dynamic Eiger grey P250 on Tuesday to replace my 17MY r-sport Santorini D180.
Obviously very excited after a quick turnaround of 2 weeks from order. :D

Dealer managed to find a similar model, shipped iit over and doing some retrofitting for me to get the spec I want. Painting alloys, retrofitting black pack and even painting my callipers yellow.

Is there anything I need to look out for or test before I drive away from the dealership? Any known issues with the new model year as I haven’t seen that many from scouting the forum? Infotainment revision number etc? Anything really to stop me having to pop back in?

Cheers
R-Sport 180 Auto, Ultimate Black, 18" Templars + the Essentials: Meridian 380w, Parking pack, auto fold mirrors, 40:20:40 folding seats and space saver wheel.

Stephen

Re: New arrival next week

Post by Stephen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:26 pm

Hi scuba, I'm also waiting for my new MY 20 P250 S. Latest estimated delivery is now mid-November.

No issues that I am aware of have emerged so far on the facelifted XE. The latest Infotainment version is S19B. There is a thread about it that I started a few weeks ago.

Congrats and best of luck with your new cat.
Coming: P250 S in Portofino Blue with Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seats; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats

Mitchbitch

Post by Mitchbitch » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi scuba,
Enjoy your new Xe, I collect mine 2 months ago and everything was A1 on handover, however my apple car play stopped working, but I soon figured it out, if your phone is not unlocked, apple car play won’t play! Just a useless tip!
MY20 XE P250s R Dynamic caesium blue

Scuba

Post by Scuba » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:06 pm

Thanks both, glad to hear no stand out issues.

I must say I haven’t seen many of the new shape on the roads around the midlands yet. Still seem quite rare.
R-Sport 180 Auto, Ultimate Black, 18" Templars + the Essentials: Meridian 380w, Parking pack, auto fold mirrors, 40:20:40 folding seats and space saver wheel.

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:18 pm

Had ours for a few months, no issues except the occasional bluetooth dropout, and every so often it wont find the USB on startup. Yellow calipers should look great on a grey car. If you are lucky it will have the split fold rear seat optioned. Still kicking myself for that oversight, I got pretty much everything else...
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Scuba

Post by Scuba » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:16 am

Yeah I have split fold seats. It’s the SE model I’ve gone for.

Options I wanted:

Black 18” wheels (dealer is powder coating the templars for me)

Black pack (dealer is retrofitting, apparently the window surrounds are a ball ache though to replace, but I insisted)

Split rear seats
Heated front seats
Touch pro duo

Options I’m getting which I wasn’t overly fussed on:

Rear heated seats,
Clear view mirror,
Mud flaps (already fitted to show room car).

The retrofitted retailer options also means the RRP is still sub £40k so miss the higher road tax banding.

One thing I’m not getting but wanted was the space saver...but may get one and a new floor at a later date.

Managed to get the painted callipers thrown in too.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”