Dark Side

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Ian66

Dark Side

Post by Ian66 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Hi everyone. Hoping to move over from the dark side (Audi) :lol: currently have a Q5, four months old - bit of a rushed buy and deeply now deeply regret. Stuck in negative equity (pcp). On a brighter note, took a test drive in a p250s and absolutely loved it :twisted: !!!

Hopefully we can get into one ASAP or the dream vehicle 300 hse (r dynamic).

Probably a little premature joining forum, but wanted to get a true feel for the brand/model by the people that know it best.

I do have a wee question though ....... does the xe come with a ‘auto hold’ function? Not that this would put me off, more focused on finding the right car/deal now over coming months.

Thanks in advance 😊

Gojira

Re: Dark Side

Post by Gojira » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:03 pm

Go for the 300 :D

I admit, I might be biased....

But whichever XE you go for, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

As for auto hold, it depends what you mean - the XE electric handbrake releases automatically when you pull away, and it also has the hill start assist function where it holds the footbrake briefly to avoid rolling back on a hill start.
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Ian66

Post by Ian66 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:12 am

Yeah thanks 😊 will probably be p300 awd as for the auto hold our Audi has auto hold which is great so how it works, if you’re sitting stil at traffic lights 🚦 or at any junction you can leave your foot 🦶 off brake There is a green parking light when activated and the vehicle stays stationary uphill/downhill until you’re ready to move off by just pressing the throttle pedal hopefully you understand

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:35 am

Ian66 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:12 am
Yeah thanks 😊 will probably be p300 awd as for the auto hold our Audi has auto hold which is great so how it works, if you’re sitting stil at traffic lights 🚦 or at any junction you can leave your foot 🦶 off brake There is a green parking light when activated and the vehicle stays stationary uphill/downhill until you’re ready to move off by just pressing the throttle pedal hopefully you understand
On JLR vehicles that is known as "hold on demand" and is only on the new Evoque so far.
Only relevant during stop start as otherwise on a hill with the engine running the car shouldn't roll back if in drive on an auto box.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Ian66

Post by Ian66 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:30 am

Cool thanks for your information still wouldn’t put us off the vehicle just need to wait and find the right vehicle or probably be a factory order to the specifications I will like cheers again.Ian

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:08 pm

If you want it any time soon and are doing a p300 factory order, you'll probably be wanting to order now for a March/20 plate delivery as they seem to have a bit of a backlog... Mine has just been pushed back by another month to the end of November - assuming it doesn't get pushed back again that'll be 5 months since order.
[Awaiting Delivery] Jaguar XE SE P300 |[Awaiting Delivery] Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV400 | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

Ian66

Post by Ian66 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Hi there configured one and passed over to dealership to see how it works out five months would be fine to help with the negative equity on out Q5.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”