Jaguar XE Forum banner

Jaguar Breakfast Meet

24K views 105 replies 22 participants last post by  Ian0304 
#1 ·
Winter is a time when XEs come into their own, as you are not afraid to use them!
Don't forget the Jaguar Breakfast Meet at the British Motor Museum continues on the first Saturday of the month regardless of weather and you are all very welcome :D
The next meet is next Saturday 2nd November from 9.30am.
This was the scene last January when despite the cold we saw over 60 Jaguars!

See less See more
#4 ·
i will hopefully be there, i don't mind the XE getting dirty (again), its being serviced, the SOTA H.232 upgrade and a minor warranty job being done on Wednesday, so assuming nothing unto-wards is found the calendar is done. :D

#9 ·
Bump, I'm aiming to be there. Dirty XE or not. ;)

Easy run this time as i'm in Rugby for the weekend, just down the road :D

#11 ·
I should be there, assuming I can find my way home from Newark today....

We were at the Lincoln Christmas Market yesterday, and you can't tell I washed the motor on Wednesday :oops:

#13 ·
I'm aiming to be there, :D dirty XE or not, time to set the alarm clock for 6AM. :cry:

#14 ·
Not sure yet if I'll make it - depends on SWMBO :D

But according to the breakfast meet website:

https://www.jaguarbreakfastclub.org.uk/

The main cafe will be closing at 11am tomorrow as there is an event on there.

However, there will be some limited access to the workshops, to drool over the C-Type and Long-nose D-Type being worked on!

#15 ·
It was a fantastic meet with around 150 Jaguars on display, which for February is incredible. March (7th) is also likely to be busy as we will be joined by the Jaguar Enthusiasts' Club who are holding a seminar for the XK8 at the Museum that day. But XE's are just as welcome!
We have started trying to focus on a particular model each month by parking a single model in a dedicated line. We will be happy to do this for XE's one of these months so get yourselves organised and let me know when you can get a few of you together :D

#16 ·
The Jaguar Breakfast meetings are back :D

After months of lockdown there will be a special jaguar breakfast meeting at Gaydon this Sunday (12th July). Note it is on Sunday not the usual Saturday. The gates will be open from 8.30am and a limited breakfast menu will be available in the museum cafe.

If you are intending to go you need to book online here. This is to enable the museum to comply with the track and trace guidance.

You can also see the main announcement on the JBC Facebook page.

Full announcement:

The Jaguar Breakfast Meet at the British Motor Museum is back!
We are thrilled to announce the first major Jaguar meet since lockdown. Other than enjoying hundreds of Jaguars the meet will require some new procedures to ensure your safety. Please adhere to the following points:
1. All tickets must be booked in advance from the Museum website. You cannot access the site without a pre-booked ticket so do not just turn up on the day or you will be refused entry!
This is to ensure the Museum has your details to satisfy Test & Trace requirements.
2. The gates will open at 8.30am. Please do not arrive earlier but you can arrive much later!
3. The cafe will open from 8.30am exclusively for us and tables will be set up on the gallery outside the usual cafe entrance. You will need to order from the menu and food will be brought to your table.
To ensure good service and hygiene full breakfasts will not be available, instead there will be bacon/sausage/egg sandwiches.
4. The main Museum will not open until 10am and is operating a strict 2m distancing policy. This also applies to our Jaguar display. So please keep your distance!
Please read Museum guidelines carefully on the website before booking your ticket.
Annual ticket holders have had their passes extended automatically by four months to allow for list time. Please choose the correct ticket when booking.
I will be going in my XE - HJ16 XES. Say hello if you are there.

#19 ·
phil-c said:
I'd like to turn up add it to my diary now
Phil, make sure you book on the museum website. I have been told that the museum staff are manning the gates and will not allow access to the car park if you have not got a ticket.

#21 ·
phil-c said:
phil-c said:
I'd like to turn up add it to my diary now
Just realised it's in 2 days may not on this one how often do they run
They are usually held on the first Saturday of every month. Sunday is a one-off special date as a result of the COVID-19 problems. The next regular meeting should be on August 1st, starting at 9.30. But keep your eye on the Jaguar Breakfast Club Facebook page or website. I will also put an update on here once the August date is confirmed.

#24 ·
I'm going, ticket done and an empty day to play , see you there, JA68 MCN Red XE 300 Sport. WooHoooo, :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.