Traffic warning sign

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Hoppo

Traffic warning sign

Post by Hoppo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Keep getting the black and red car, no over taking sign on the dash, can anybody tell me what would trigger this as when I see it there's no reason it should be there.

Thanks
Jaguar XE AWD 250, Corris Grey

moose

Re: Traffic warning sign

Post by moose » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:50 pm

Mine gets triggered when passing some right turn lanes in the centre of the road that have the hatched lines bordered by double white lines. There are no no overtaking signs anywhere so there must be some hidden sensor in the road that it picks up.

Not all right turn areas trigger it but the ones near me that do show the no overtaking on the dash appear to be the ones more recently constructed.
R Sport 240ps Bluefire with Templar wheels. Parking pack, blind spot monitor, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, splash guards, privacy glass.

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:17 pm

Hoppo wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:30 pm
Keep getting the black and red car, no over taking sign on the dash, can anybody tell me what would trigger this as when I see it there's no reason it should be there.

Thanks
You are not alone. Mine is triggered in my own street which is a short residential one with no road signs or lines 'til I get to the next street. It frequently gets the speed as none existent (three black dashes) or National when leaving the house, but for that I accept that as it has yet to see a road sign it must be confused.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Hoppo

Post by Hoppo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:31 pm

At least it's not just my car, thanks for the replys
Jaguar XE AWD 250, Corris Grey

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:50 am

Mine does it in the same place and the speed display goes to 40 instead of 30. After the second traffic island on the same road it reverts to 30 and the no overtake disappears. As yet I have not discovered what is causing it at that road section.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:00 am

I wonder if anybody has had any other warning sign apart from the "no-overtaking" one?
Perhaps it's the only "non speed limit sign" in the car's brain ?
My last XE used to throw it up once in a while and I had the odd wobbler saying I could do the national speed limit in a 30 zone once.
The current incumbent of my garage seems to be a lot better as I can't recall anything other than speed limits and those are correct for locations where the XE used to regularly throw the wrong limit.
Maybe things are improving ?
Be interesting to get the views of any of the MY20 XE gang to see if they notice an improvement too.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:25 pm

My previous MY17 240 petrol portfolio XE gave random signs at times, but the MY19 XE 300 sport has been perfect, no random signs at all.
Bob McN.
Oct'16 to Oct'18: Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, selection of addons.
Oct'18 onwards : Caldera Red, XE 300 Sport, MY2019, bigger selection of addons
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6930&start=20#p77545

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:28 pm

bob_mcn wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:25 pm
My previous MY17 240 petrol portfolio XE gave random signs at times, but the MY19 XE 300 sport has been perfect, no random signs at all.
Thanks Bob.
Maybe the later software has seen some improvements.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:38 pm

PhilB wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:00 am
I wonder if anybody has had any other warning sign apart from the "no-overtaking" one?
Perhaps it's the only "non speed limit sign" in the car's brain ?
My last XE used to throw it up once in a while and I had the odd wobbler saying I could do the national speed limit in a 30 zone once.
The current incumbent of my garage seems to be a lot better as I can't recall anything other than speed limits and those are correct for locations where the XE used to regularly throw the wrong limit.
Maybe things are improving ?
Be interesting to get the views of any of the MY20 XE gang to see if they notice an improvement too.
Phil. Those are the only signs I get on my screen. When I first had the car I got a bit 'excited' waiting to see what signs it picks up :-) It would be cool if a car showed up all the signs on a road, bit boring to just have the speed signs and no overtaking. Seems an odd selection.
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

Faltwen

Post by Faltwen » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Taken from the Jaguar Owner Information site

The Traffic sign recognition system uses the forward-facing camera, located in the base of the rear-view mirror, which detects speed signs, no overtaking signs and variable overhead speed signs, and displays symbols of the detected signs in the Message centre. Traffic signs with extra information (for example, reduced speed limits for wet road conditions) will also be detected and compared with the vehicle’s systems (for example, rain sensor, wipers, etc.), and may also be displayed in the Message centre. Speed limit information from the Navigation system will be displayed for roads with no signage.
Jaguar XE Prestige 2.0l petrol in Bluefire

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”