Rear fog lamps

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Coliniq66

Rear fog lamps

Post by Coliniq66 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:43 pm

This may be a silly question.I have had my car a year now and have not ever used the rear fog lamps now winter is nearly upon us I thought I would check them.Now comes the silly bit are there 2 rear fog lamps or only 1 as I only had a Rh lamp showing.
I did look in the technical forum could not find anything also hand doesn't show them.

Gojira

Re: Rear fog lamps

Post by Gojira » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:06 pm

Just checked mine :D

There is only one, on the drivers side, which makes it odd that the handbook refers to "foglights" - possibly some places two are a requirement, unlike here in the UK.
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Coliniq66

Post by Coliniq66 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:13 pm

Thanks for the reply.I couldn't even find reference to bulb replacement in the handbook

Mitchbitch

Post by Mitchbitch » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:33 am

It’s funny, that you only think about “rear fog lamp” when you need it!, however after reading this topic I thought I’d better investigate where the button is for this facility? Day two and I’m still searching :?
Looked online, handbook, but no luck? Any ideas guys? ( XE P250s R Dynamic )
PS I just don’t want to be saying “for fog sake “ when the mist rolls in!
MY20 XE P250s R Dynamic caesium blue

Faltwen

Post by Faltwen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:07 am

rotating knob on the light/indicator lever

https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4N/2016/T19947/18377_en_GBR/proc/G1680091
Jaguar XE Prestige 2.0l petrol in Bluefire

Mitchbitch

Post by Mitchbitch » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:18 am

Many thanks Faltwen, I was searching for a pushy thing! 🧐
MY20 XE P250s R Dynamic caesium blue

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:30 am

I think it's a bit ironic that the lighting stalk isn't illuminated at night............... :lol:
The "new" version is often commentated on by road testers as in a bad way.
Not so much the rotating collar that returns to "neutral" that selects the lights but the fact it's got two settings forward and two back.
Why not make the changes progressive and only in one direction ?
Personally I now just watch the instrument panel and wiggle the thing until I get what I want.
Fortunately it's normally left in auto but does need driver input once in a while.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:50 am

I thought you were kidding, until I checked the on-line manual! :o

What idiot came up with that?

So how on earth do you tell if the lights are set to auto, or to off, if the switch returns to the centre...
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Ian d

Post by Ian d » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:54 am

PhilB wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:30 am
I think it's a bit ironic that the lighting stalk isn't illuminated at night............... :lol:
The "new" version is often commentated on by road testers as in a bad way.
Not so much the rotating collar that returns to "neutral" that selects the lights but the fact it's got two settings forward and two back.
Why not make the changes progressive and only in one direction ?
Personally I now just watch the instrument panel and wiggle the thing until I get what I want.
Fortunately it's normally left in auto but does need driver input once in a while.
I’ve never owned a car that’s had an illuminated stalk. Only cars that have dash mounted dials for the lights have been illuminated.
I don’t see the issue, it’s just a toggle on the stalk which shows on the dash when it comes on and saves clutter on the dash itself. The only frustrating buttons I find are the boot and lane departure warning being next to each other and the vehicle setting button being unintuitive that you have to look down to find it every time although that’s now sorted with a toggle in the facelift.
2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY, Loire blue, ICTP, 380w Meridian, 350mm brakes, climate pack, parking pack, sports pedals, keyless, power-fold mirrors, 10 way seats, 4 way lumbar, extra sockets. Black/Oyster interior.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:07 am

Gojira wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:50 am
I thought you were kidding, until I checked the on-line manual! :o
What idiot came up with that?
So how on earth do you tell if the lights are set to auto, or to off, if the switch returns to the centre...
On mine I look in the bottom right hand corner of the dash where it shows the setting.
My beef is the ridiculous two-way operation.
I think would have been better to have a progressive one-way toggle arrangement.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”