Rear fog lamps

All Jaguar XE related discussions
User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 6457
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Rear fog lamps

Post by PhilB » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:11 am

Ian d wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:54 am
I don’t see the issue, it’s just a toggle on the stalk which shows on the dash when it comes on and saves clutter on the dash itself. The only frustrating buttons I find are the boot and lane departure warning being next to each other and the vehicle setting button being unintuitive that you have to look down to find it every time although that’s now sorted with a toggle in the facelift.
The "old" Xe had a perfectly good progressive operation so it's change for changes sake imho.
I do agree about that awful boot and lane departure arrangement though.
At least I think mine is the same as the My20 XE that all you now have down there is the boot release and the pop out lighting control.
Oh and the park brake which I have never had to use.

20190830_111557.jpg

MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.


User avatar
myquest
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Rear fog lamps

Post by myquest » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:39 am

Park brake. Ah, so you're the car in front that blinds me with brake lights whilst waiting at traffic lights...!
XE-S. MY17. Usual stuff.


User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 6457
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Rear fog lamps

Post by PhilB » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:14 am

myquest wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:39 am
Park brake. Ah, so you're the car in front that blinds me with brake lights whilst waiting at traffic lights...!
Actually not. :D
On mine it has a system called brake hold "on demand".
Simply put, when you come to a stop you push down a bit futher on the brake pedal and "hold" comes up on the dash.
You can then take your foot off the brake pedal.
No brake lights on so no dazzling those behind.
Brakes auto release on moving off.
Probably one of the reasons I've never had to manually apply the EPB.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.


Indianajons
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:28 pm
Location: Peak District, UK

Re: Rear fog lamps

Post by Indianajons » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:31 am

Page 56 of the manual.... seems quite clear to me
2017 MY tempest grey Portfolio 180D, folding mirrors, 14 way seats, memory pack, cold weather pack, 360 parking, wi-fi hotspot


User avatar
myquest
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: Rear fog lamps

Post by myquest » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:46 am

Well hush ma mouth... (If all else fails, read the instructions!).
I'll get me coat.
XE-S. MY17. Usual stuff.


Alanqs
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:58 pm
Location: Near Glasgow

Re: Rear fog lamps

Post by Alanqs » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:39 pm

This thread prompted me to check my facelift model. It has two foglights in the rear, very small but with 2 bright LEDs in each one.
But does anyone know why the XE does not have front foglights?
Caldera Red P250 HSE. Clear Sight mirror, powered boot and some other stuff


Ian d
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:35 pm
Location: Hampshire

Re: Rear fog lamps

Post by Ian d » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:49 pm

Alanqs wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:39 pm
This thread prompted me to check my facelift model. It has two foglights in the rear, very small but with 2 bright LEDs in each one.
But does anyone know why the XE does not have front foglights?
All Jag saloons don’t have front fog lights, xenon headlights(LED’s on facelift)/LED DRL’s are deemed to be sufficient enough.
2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY, Loire blue, ICTP, 380w Meridian, 350mm brakes, climate pack, parking pack, sports pedals, keyless, power-fold mirrors, 10 way seats, 4 way lumbar, extra sockets. Black/Oyster interior.


User avatar
Mike Rometer
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:28 am
Location: N. Staffs

Re: Rear fog lamps

Post by Mike Rometer » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:38 pm

Ian d wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:49 pm
Alanqs wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:39 pm
This thread prompted me to check my facelift model. It has two foglights in the rear, very small but with 2 bright LEDs in each one.
But does anyone know why the XE does not have front foglights?
All Jag saloons don’t have front fog lights, xenon headlights(LED’s on facelift)/LED DRL’s are deemed to be sufficient enough.
X-type had front fogs, though too small to be much use. Barely necessary in this country and 99% of people use them illegally anyway.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)


Ian d
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:35 pm
Location: Hampshire

Re: Rear fog lamps

Post by Ian d » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 am

Mike Rometer wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:38 pm
Ian d wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:49 pm
Alanqs wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:39 pm
This thread prompted me to check my facelift model. It has two foglights in the rear, very small but with 2 bright LEDs in each one.
But does anyone know why the XE does not have front foglights?
All Jag saloons don’t have front fog lights, xenon headlights(LED’s on facelift)/LED DRL’s are deemed to be sufficient enough.
X-type had front fogs, though too small to be much use. Barely necessary in this country and 99% of people use them illegally anyway.
The S-Type and XJ x350 had fog lights too, but all these went over 10 years ago. No Jag saloon has had them since. The Pace SUV’s have Fog light LEDs as an option.
2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY, Loire blue, ICTP, 380w Meridian, 350mm brakes, climate pack, parking pack, sports pedals, keyless, power-fold mirrors, 10 way seats, 4 way lumbar, extra sockets. Black/Oyster interior.


User avatar
147daytona
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:50 pm
Location: Lowestoft, UK

Re: Rear fog lamps

Post by 147daytona » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Thankfully we don't seem to get the really dense fogs of 40 or 50 years ago.
I can remember driving in fog so thick that even 15mph was scary and the car in front would disappear when only 20 feet away!
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”