Updating "In Control Touch" Maps

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Bazzamf

Updating "In Control Touch" Maps

Post by Bazzamf » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Today I thought I would have a go at updating the maps for my sat nav system. I downloaded the instructions along with the relevant software and followed the instructions. The car is 3 years old next May and I felt certain that an update would be available as the card has not been updated since I have owned the car, nearly two years. (There are supposed to be two per year according to the instructions).
After going through the process the software advised me that no updates are available, which I find hard to believe. Have Jaguar given up on the "In Control Touch" system? Has anyone had any success?
Bazzamf - 2017 XE 200PS Petrol Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Milfordman

Re: Updating "In Control Touch" Maps

Post by Milfordman » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Yes I did mine. The latest map is 28.4.10727 which was released October 2019.

Regards John
XE PRESTIGE 2.0 i4 200PS. British Racing Green, Latte Leather, Electric Seats, Folding Mirrors, Lumbar Support, Meridian 380W, Satin Burr Ash veneer, Folding Seats, 18" Alloy space saver spare wheel, Configurable mood lighting and Parking Pack.

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:56 pm

I did mine a few weeks back. Have you downloaded "Incontrol touch map updater" If not do that then follow the instructions. You will be asked "insert SD card" do that and follow the instructions. Pay by credit card NOT Paypal as I did as I think they fluctuate the price in exchange against the €

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:16 am

Milfordman wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:28 pm
Yes I did mine. The latest map is 28.4.10727 which was released October 2019.

Regards John
Hi John, I've tried it again with no success. I keep getting the message that my maps are up to date and yet you say there was an update in October 2019. I tried it several months ago and got the same message, but accepted it at the time. Having looked at some of the files on the card they are dated 2016. Do you know how I can tell what release I have, as you say the latest is 28.4.10727?
It's so frustrating when things don't work as they should. :x :x :x
Bazzamf - 2017 XE 200PS Petrol Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Milfordman

Post by Milfordman » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:03 am

Hi. Go into the map folder navigation/content/map/. look at the unitedkingdom with file extensions fbl, fpa & fsp. What date is by these? It will give you a rough guide. obviously mine are saying 18/10/2019 as thats when I did the update. There is something strange with the updater now. I have two SD cards. Original one that came with the car and I made a copy in case the original went faulty. In the early days I used to put one SD card in the reader and if there was an update I would download and install it (not free). I would then put the second SD card in the reader and it would update that as well because they were the same VIN. Now which ever SD card I use first gets updated BUT when I put the second card in it says its up to date but it is not. I confirmed this by putting both in the car. One had the new maps and the other had the previous maps. So it now looks like the site the maps come from remembers you have downloaded and you can't do it again. Fine until you have a corrupt SD card.

Regards John
XE PRESTIGE 2.0 i4 200PS. British Racing Green, Latte Leather, Electric Seats, Folding Mirrors, Lumbar Support, Meridian 380W, Satin Burr Ash veneer, Folding Seats, 18" Alloy space saver spare wheel, Configurable mood lighting and Parking Pack.

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:43 am

You can access the version type in the centre console. Make sure that you have the latest map updater in your PC as it has changed recently hence my last post. Update by accessing the old updater you have WITHOUT the SD card in the PC. That will set up the new version. Once that is installed you will be asked to insert the SD card. Then it will give you the update info and offer the countries you wish to update. I did mine initially for UK only but a few days later decided to install Europe as well which was allowed because I hadn't downloaded it.

Milfordman

Post by Milfordman » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:05 am

I think the OP has done it correctly but its saying no update. As I said the updater works a bit strange. I have the original SD card that hasn't been updated for at least two updates as the copy SD was and is in use in the car. The original SD if I plug it into the map updater is says it is up to date but it is'nt. You used to be able to delete the map folder and the updater would install all the latest maps purchased. I had to do that a few times until I got a bigger SD card. So its like the OP's udater thinks he has already downloaded the latest map. A few customers seem to be getting this.

Regards John

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:08 am

Seems strange as I have updated mine twice. I did it last year and again this year plus adding in Europe later. The updater is revised.

Milfordman

Post by Milfordman » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:17 am

Yes I have updated mine as well. Are you saying you can re-apply to the same SD card? When you insert the SD card in the map updater it must be reading the license file or something. So it knows it has installed the new map against this license and even with the older card it won't update. It never used to work like that.

Regards John

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:36 am

I updated mine and just applied for UK from the choices. Then a few days later I thought if I had paid for everything then I would a least be better updating Europe as well so went back to the website and ticked all except Russia and it dowloaded all inc UK. That was around 5 days after the paid for updating, on the new version of the updater. Last year it was the whole lot without choices.