All Jaguar XE related discussions
AndyS

Re: Dragy

Post by AndyS » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:22 pm

mdem wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:49 am
AndyS wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:57 pm
I've got Michelin PS4S all round too, definitely feels better for launches too, less wheelspin and more of a kick in the back than the dunlops I had before

I'd be really interested to see what the AWD 380 can do, I'm sure that should be able to get sub 4.5 especially on michelins
20” wheels?
19s
MY 17 XE S 340 Yulong White, Pan roof, 18 way seats, heated wheel, power folding mirrors, powered boot, split folding seats

Tempest XE S

Post by Tempest XE S » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:15 pm

Interesting, might have to give Dragy a go.

Maybe a silly question, but what's the best way to get a good launch off the line in an automatic? My XE-S is my first auto, stands to reason that holding your left foot on the brake and building the revs before releasing would be the best way to do it, but that seems like it would put the car under a lot of stress? Am I missing something?
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 335 BHP / Tempest Grey / 20" Propeller alloys / Black Pack

To come: Ceramic paint coating, chip re-map to 404 BHP, spacers, badge black out

ChrisGB

Post by ChrisGB » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:11 pm

Tempest XE S wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:15 pm
Interesting, might have to give Dragy a go.

Maybe a silly question, but what's the best way to get a good launch off the line in an automatic? My XE-S is my first auto, stands to reason that holding your left foot on the brake and building the revs before releasing would be the best way to do it, but that seems like it would put the car under a lot of stress? Am I missing something?
I think a full throttle and step off the brakes will just get the traction control system working overtime. I've found a relatively gentle touch to ease the weight rearward before giving it proper throttle seems to make it step off reasonably smartly and stay hooked up.
S 380, ICT Pro, resale grey. Fun and comfy!

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:59 pm

I found just a simple stamp on the throttle produced the best times for me with TC in TracDSC gearbox left in sport and NOT using the paddles.

When I held the car on the brakes and built up a bit of boost in 1st gear the car would bog down just a touch and I'd lose about 0.1-0.2 seconds consistently
MY 17 XE S 340 Yulong White, Pan roof, 18 way seats, heated wheel, power folding mirrors, powered boot, split folding seats

Tempest XE S

Post by Tempest XE S » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:18 pm

Very interesting, cheers guys.

I'm looking at a potential a re-map after I get some cosmetic stuff sorted, but might have to look at squeezing one of these bad boys between the two to see if there's any kind of notable difference.
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 335 BHP / Tempest Grey / 20" Propeller alloys / Black Pack

To come: Ceramic paint coating, chip re-map to 404 BHP, spacers, badge black out