Jaguar XE Forum banner

Remote App

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  HaloJones 
#1 ·
Font Slope Line Screenshot Mountain

Can anyone tell me how to fix this the remote app says I have 95% fuel left that's correct but the status says I'm low on fuel and need to refill.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc but nothing changed

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Can you try doing a "pull to refresh" as it says the car hasn't been contacted for 22 hours.

Also, I know some people won't mind but you have possibly just posted your postcode and street name in a public forum, I know you may not be bothered but thought I would point it out in case

#7 ·
You could try re-syncing the car. From memory you hold the left assist button beside overhead light until it starts flashing, then release.

#10 ·
colonie said:
Offtopic: What app is this? Your screenshot is iOS, but my app looks way different. I read something about a "new" app in this forum, but until now it was nowhere to find for me. Is this the "new" app?
This version of the app (in screenshot) is available on iOS. I've got both installed on my phone.

Old App "Jaguar InControl Remote"
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/jaguar-incontrol-remote/id950640882

New App (from OP Screenshot) "jaguar remote"
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/jaguar-remote/id1345448119

#11 ·
Last year my app was showing low fuel, when it wasn't very low. I topped up the tank hoping to "reset" the sensors or whatever. Still showing low fuel on app, so I just ignored it. A few days later I topped up my Addblue and when I next checked the app it was showing that fuel was fine. I wonder if the car is sending a signal to the app, but the app doesn't have a section for low addblue so it misinterpreted the signal as low fuel instead.

I have both apps.
The old app lists vehicle health report with ticks next to a number of headings such as: Coolant level, Tyre pressure, Fuel level etc.
The newer app just shows "no issues" or a single signal showing which item needs checking.

#12 ·
Just clutching at straws here but have you got an active data sim in your car and has it got data on it? I know when I open the app I do the pull down to update the readings and it works every time! There are setting for setting data limits etc in the vehicle itself.

#13 ·
That was my next question no I don't have a SIM card in mine nothing in the boot or centre consul. But the remote app works fine unlocks and climate starts and fuel level updates just gives a low level warning although it's full

#14 ·
phil-c said:
That was my next question no I don't have a SIM card in mine nothing in the boot or centre consul. But the remote app works fine unlocks and climate starts and fuel level updates just gives a low level warning although it's full
The app communicates with the car using the embedded SIM card, not a user-supplied one.

#17 ·
RoJo said:
You could try re-syncing the car. From memory you hold the left assist button beside overhead light until it starts flashing, then release.
Necro! Can anyone confirm if holding the left assist button until it starts flashing does, in fact, reset the incorrect Fuel Low status error?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.