Jaguar XE Minor Quirks and Annoyances

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Nuttyspark

Re: Jaguar XE Minor Quirks and Annoyances

Post by Nuttyspark » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:31 pm

Not to worry Mike.
Ah, if that is the case then I am at a loss as to what else it could be. I suppose an investigation from a Jaguar dealer would be the only other option I could think of. Sorry. :oops:
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:42 pm

mkmikeuk wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:47 am
Nuttyspark wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:57 am
Random question Mike.
I know the app shows the windows as being closed but, do all the windows work on the one shot opening and closing?
I don't know if reprogramming them would solve the issue, but at least it might help eliminate them as the cause of the problem.
Thanks for your prompt response. Yes, they all work. The app tries to start the car but times-out telling me the vehicle is not secure. When i check the Security screen, the vehicle is alarmed and doors, windows. bonnet and boot are all shown as closed. (Sorry for the delay in responding, i was expecting an alert when there was a response, but didn't get one. I've now found the notifications button ;)
I had a similar thing a while back, it sorted itself out one day after I'd cleaned the windows. I opened them all a bit to clean the top inch of the glass and after closing them again the app starts the car every time. I'm guessing one window was slightly ajar but not by enough to show on the app.
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:34 am

Just a thought that this thread is entitled "minor quirks and annoyances", the emphasis being minor.
As in things that are on the car that could be improved and suchlike.
Specific faults and issues may well get a better response if posted under the relevant topic heading in the main faults section.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE - now gone. On order MY21 Ford Mustang GT fastback.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Petelondon

Post by Petelondon » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:55 pm

I’ve just bought a 20 MY 300 HSE and find in town driving I am on the brakes the whole time as the car seems to hold on to revs and takes an age to slow down when release the accelerator, is this normal or something I will get used to? I normally use the eco setting and this time of year like the heated seats on, every time I get in the car I have to select eco and then reset the heated seats to on, can I get the car to remember these are my default preferences?

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:39 pm

Welcome aboard!

The petrol engines do rev quite highly for a minute or so from cold, but they soon settle down.

As far as I know, there is no way to change the startup settings, for eco mode and so on.

Just wait until you can get out on the real roads, and try it in big grin mode :lol:
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:04 pm

I'm not sure that Eco makes any significant difference, to be honest. There are functions of the car that it limits; infotainment output, ventilation etc but these have minimal impact on mpg. I just put mine in dynamic and adjust velocity using the throttle, and rarely have to touch the brakes as it'll slow down very well if planned correctly.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport

Dynamic Dek

Post by Dynamic Dek » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:47 pm

Not having some sort of factory fitted protector to stop the road rash on the rear sill flare.
DD
MY20 XE P250 S R Dynamic, Portofino Blue, Black pack, 19" 1050, Matrix Lights. Mem seats - Touch Pro Duo

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:44 pm

Putting the wipers in their Service position is a bit of a faff and you can't leave them without having the ignition on.
On an Audi I previously owned, once the wipers were in their Service position, you could turn the ignition off and leave the wipers in that position indefinitely, very handy in winter.
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

Petelondon

Post by Petelondon » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:10 pm

RoJo wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:04 pm
I'm not sure that Eco makes any significant difference, to be honest. There are functions of the car that it limits; infotainment output, ventilation etc but these have minimal impact on mpg. I just put mine in dynamic and adjust velocity using the throttle, and rarely have to touch the brakes as it'll slow down very well if planned correctly.
Thanks, I’ve been driving diesels for the last 10 years, hopefully my driving style will adjust over time

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:55 pm

My previous Xe was the 500nm twin turbo diesel, and I have to say the P300 still surprises me with its torque. Going up hills in 8th gear at 1100rpm never gets old :)
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport