Jaguar XE Minor Quirks and Annoyances

All Jaguar XE related discussions
ChrisGB

Re: Jaguar XE Minor Quirks and Annoyances

Post by ChrisGB » Sat May 02, 2020 12:56 pm

Nuttyspark wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:40 pm
I have over a thousand songs on my USB so I've arranged them in folders just to make life a bit easier. They are arranged by artist and then when the artist is selected it displays the albums by that artist!

USB.JPG
Neat idea, I'm stealing that :D
S 380, ICT Pro, resale grey. Fun and comfy!

Nuttyspark

Post by Nuttyspark » Sat May 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Your'e welcome Chris. ;)
PS. Had to use numbers before letters otherwise classical would would be mixed up between A to D and E to J. :roll:
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:47 pm

ChrisGB wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 pm
Vespa wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:26 pm
Bad to the bone...
There's a track to get you into speed limit breaking behaviour if ever I heard one!

And speaking of things music, the XE's incessantly rattling doors and the inability of my supplying dealer to permanently fix them. King Tubby repeatedly and regularly ruined :(
You may like "Dead man's curve" by Jan and Dean about a race between an XKE and a muscle car.

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Sat May 02, 2020 6:58 pm

And speaking of things music, the XE's incessantly rattling doors and the inability of my supplying dealer to permanently fix them. King Tubby repeatedly and regularly ruined :(
King Tubby eh!? You know your music alright! The Gods of Dub run that bass pretty low! So the words 'Aggrovator' and 'Echo Chamber' aren't just descriptive of the music but the way your car handles the music then?! :lol: Seriously the speakers should handle it, it's the mountings that could need a 'Tighten Up' (see what I did there Reggae fans! :D )
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

Nuttyspark

Post by Nuttyspark » Sat May 02, 2020 7:49 pm

Deep Purple Highway Star is my license loser track! :lol: :lol:
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Sat May 02, 2020 7:59 pm

OK, my choice would be something reasonably obscure - Kon'Ya Wa Hurricane (There's a hurricane tonight) from the Bubblegum Crisis anime soundtrack...

Biker babes in high-heeled power armour, in a very Bladerunner future, what's not to like? :mrgreen:
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Sat May 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Try bassnectar - Timestretch (Westcoast Lo Fi edit) or for more of a test on the speakers Crystal Method - Play For Real (Dirtyphonics remix), though for the latter you get more of the feel of it watching the video.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:26 am

Oh well, this is now off topic. :D BBBBBbad, BBBBBbad, bad to the bone. :lol:

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Sun May 03, 2020 10:23 am

Bazzamf wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:30 pm
Prestige wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:24 pm
I tend to agree Bazzamf I have the same engine and have the same cold start up noise. Dealer says that it is "normal" only consolation is it stands alongside my wife's Golf GTI in the garage .....which is worse,again dealer says it is "normal". I confess that the dreadful rear vision and lack of rear space are more annoying as well as my stupidity in not knowing it didn't come with a CD player. I am not up to speed with more "current" methods of playing my Metallica melodies.
Metallica melodies??? I don't think I'd call them melodies. It's got to be an age thing I guess, but I do know them and others, as my two sons are both into heavy metal music. Fortunately they no longer live at home. :D :D :D
Have you tried downloading the "music" on to a memory stick? After downloading just plug it in to the UBS port under the arm rest and away you go.
Talking about Metallica Pestige, Coincidentally my eldest son sent me this, which I thought was fantastic, which is more to do with this guy's ability than the music. I think you may enjoy it or at least appreciate his talent.
Bazzamf - 2017 XE 200PS Petrol Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Sun May 03, 2020 10:30 am

hkwj88 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:42 pm
Bazzamf wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:52 pm
The one thing that really annoys me about my car is that it's so noisy when first started from cold. It's the petrol 200PS Ingenium and those first few seconds until the revs drop, really get to me. It's just so clattery. It's almost as if there was a hole in the bulkhead between me and the engine. Clearly there isn't bacause after the initial noise, it purrs like the cat should. No other manufacturers car I have been in is like it.
There’s a fix for that. Topix title turbo actuator arm rattling.
Yes I know about this and had it sorted in the early days of ownership. It did improve the rattling but the initial noise of the engine is still apparent when starting from cold. I've grown to accept it for what it is, a few seconds of a noisy engine when starting from cold. Apart from that the car is great.
Bazzamf - 2017 XE 200PS Petrol Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black