Jaguar XE Minor Quirks and Annoyances

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Deleted User 732

Re: Jaguar XE Minor Quirks and Annoyances

Post by Deleted User 732 » Fri May 01, 2020 4:26 pm

Prestige wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:27 pm
Bazzamf..... my allusion to Metallica melodies may be a tad tongue in cheek. Their seminal album Kill 'em all and its key track The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse are admittedly not overly melodic. My poorly made point was that an old tech CD player is much missed.....I wouldn't know a memory stick from a walking stick and have a non smartphone etc so as the car has no CD I am limited to the often inane twaddle on radio. Absolute radio rarely has much on melodic ballads of Metallica these days !
Same here as well. :D I do have a smart phone only because I want to have the Incontrol and remote start but got caught out getting a Samsung that JLR soon made useless for that feature after some cockupdate by Samsung or whoever messes with the software. Yes, I miss a CD player and if someone can do a good memory stick how to tutorial with simple coal and water = steam instructions and which stick to buy I would be very grateful. I am not quite an Ann Ziegler and Webster Booth fan but do like my car songs, 409, Deuce Coupe, Bad to the bone (Christine movie) etc So will someone perhaps do that in the "Off topic" section. I am sure there would be many grateful older farts without younger relatives who would appreciate it. Thank you ! :oops:

hkwj88

Post by hkwj88 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Bazzamf wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:52 pm
The one thing that really annoys me about my car is that it's so noisy when first started from cold. It's the petrol 200PS Ingenium and those first few seconds until the revs drop, really get to me. It's just so clattery. It's almost as if there was a hole in the bulkhead between me and the engine. Clearly there isn't bacause after the initial noise, it purrs like the cat should. No other manufacturers car I have been in is like it.
There’s a fix for that. Topix title turbo actuator arm rattling.

Nuttyspark

Post by Nuttyspark » Fri May 01, 2020 8:44 pm

Vespa. The vid Rob Wright posted on the previous page is very good. Give it a watch and then ask away. I'm not an expert but I'm not bad on mp3 and musicy stuff! :D
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Fri May 01, 2020 9:08 pm

We're here to help peeps get maximum enjoyment from their Xe! :)
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport

Thorn

Post by Thorn » Fri May 01, 2020 10:43 pm

Prestige wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:27 pm
Bazzamf..... my allusion to Metallica melodies may be a tad tongue in cheek. Their seminal album Kill 'em all and its key track The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse are admittedly not overly melodic. My poorly made point was that an old tech CD player is much missed.....I wouldn't know a memory stick from a walking stick and have a non smartphone etc so as the car has no CD I am limited to the often inane twaddle on radio. Absolute radio rarely has much on melodic ballads of Metallica these days !
Come on now. I'm probably older than you, and have an iPod solely for in car use. It's a worthwhile investment. You've clearly got a computer so could download your music easily enough.
My Portfolio has a CD player, but the only times I've used it have been to record a couple of Miles Davis CDs to the system's memory. I don't want a load of discs rattling around the cabin, or a CD carrier tempting someone to break in.

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Sat May 02, 2020 2:54 am

I find USB's really good. I put maybe 20 tracks on each so I dont have to skip or search, and rotate them.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Faltwen

Post by Faltwen » Sat May 02, 2020 6:41 am

I have 160 albums on my usb. Music for any occasion.
Takes a couple of seconds to search but not an issue for me.
2016 Jaguar XE Prestige 20T in Bluefire.

Unfortunately she's had to go so I'm an ex XE owner.

Did have two X Types, a 2.5L then a 2.2L Auto with the dreaded DPF. No more DPF's for me.

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:41 am

Nuttyspark wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:44 pm
Vespa. The vid Rob Wright posted on the previous page is very good. Give it a watch and then ask away. I'm not an expert but I'm not bad on mp3 and musicy stuff! :D
Thanks for that to both of you. I don't know how I missed it as I get notifications.

ChrisGB

Post by ChrisGB » Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 pm

Vespa wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:26 pm
Bad to the bone...
There's a track to get you into speed limit breaking behaviour if ever I heard one!

And speaking of things music, the XE's incessantly rattling doors and the inability of my supplying dealer to permanently fix them. King Tubby repeatedly and regularly ruined :(
S 380, ICT Pro, resale grey. Fun and comfy!

Nuttyspark

Post by Nuttyspark » Sat May 02, 2020 12:40 pm

I have over a thousand songs on my USB so I've arranged them in folders just to make life a bit easier. They are arranged by artist and then when the artist is selected it displays the albums by that artist!

USB.JPG

2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o