Jaguar XE Minor Quirks and Annoyances

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Prestige

Re: Jaguar XE Minor Quirks and Annoyances

Post by Prestige » Sun May 03, 2020 1:11 pm

I certainly think the 200 ps Ingenium is a noisy start up..... my supplying dealer before its closure lined up 2 others to start from cold in response to my moaning and they were all the same. My neighbour has a twin turbo diesel Cayenne and comments that the XE is a noisier start up rather too regularly.
Thanks for the video clip...the young man can certainly play. My Metallica reference is a bit tongue in cheek....I last saw them in the early 2000's supporting the Rolling Stones in San Francisco.....but no one could compete with a live Stones show ! I was on a 12 month contract working at a LA University and managed 4 or 5 shows up and down the West coast on their tour.
2018 200ps Prestige in Corris Grey.

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:20 pm

Ah, the Cayenne, now that is one ugly heap look of a car/thing. Much better looking is the Pontiac Aztec. :lol: :lol: :lol: Note the Porsche connection :lol: :lol:
https://photos-0.carwow.co.uk/blog/1600 ... mashup.png

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Mon May 04, 2020 8:57 am

Blimey Vespa that Aztec really is an ugly car.....it makes the "made from a random box of bits" Nissan Juke look good,and that is an achievement.
2018 200ps Prestige in Corris Grey.

mkmikeuk

Post by mkmikeuk » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:34 am

My remote start no longer works on my XE Prestige Auto 2016, which i have owned from new. I have the Jaguar Remote app on my smartphone and tablet. The remote start has always worked in the past. This time, a "windows are open" message on the app and it refused to start the car. So, I deleted the app from both devices and download the latest version - 2.3.1. The open windows message has now gone, but i still cannot remote start the car. i get the "Requesting" message and the screen shows *Starting". Then it times out and tells me the vehicle is not secure. The Security screened shows the vehicle alarmed, doors, windows, bonnet and boot all closed. I had a new battery fitted in December 2020 (not by Jaguar). Any ideas? :shock:

Nuttyspark

Post by Nuttyspark » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:57 am

Random question Mike.
I know the app shows the windows as being cloes but, do all the windows work on the one shot opening and closing?
I don't know if reprogramming them would solve the issue, but at least it might help eliminate them as the cause of the problem.
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o

Faltwen

Post by Faltwen » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:12 pm

That's a good point especially if the battery has been replaced as they need resetting.
2016 Jaguar XE Prestige 20T in Bluefire.

Unfortunately she's had to go so I'm an ex XE owner.

Did have two X Types, a 2.5L then a 2.2L Auto with the dreaded DPF. No more DPF's for me.

Fighterpilot

Post by Fighterpilot » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:13 pm

I am assuming you have a diesel ? If so your DPF will be getting to a clean phase and cannot complete it because, either the engine is not hot enough or it needs a longer run to clear it out. It won't show any dash lights as it is just trying to clean itself normally and cannot. This inhibits the remote start function. I suggest a 15-20 mile run with the revs around 2000ish. To do this use SPORT as the gears are kept lower and the revs around that without the need to use motorways or dual carriageways (60-70). I think you will find the next cold start will be activated under "remote"
Also give the battery a charge up and spray silicone in the window runner channels as this will ensure that they fully close with ease.
R Sport 180D 2015

MalakiKen

Post by MalakiKen » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:49 pm

Thank you for that, my main issue is the amount of dirt in the rear door shut! I wash the car often, sometimes even twice a week as it is white, however even on damp days the door shut fill with dirt, not good for my elderly friend (care bubble) and her WHITE coat!

Is there a Jaguar "FIX" that is approved?

Fighterpilot

Post by Fighterpilot » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:01 pm

Have a look at this thread but read it all as the OP changed the type of rubber I think. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4566
R Sport 180D 2015

mkmikeuk

Post by mkmikeuk » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:47 am

Nuttyspark wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:57 am
Random question Mike.
I know the app shows the windows as being closed but, do all the windows work on the one shot opening and closing?
I don't know if reprogramming them would solve the issue, but at least it might help eliminate them as the cause of the problem.
Thanks for your prompt response. Yes, they all work. The app tries to start the car but times-out telling me the vehicle is not secure. When i check the Security screen, the vehicle is alarmed and doors, windows. bonnet and boot are all shown as closed. (Sorry for the delay in responding, i was expecting an alert when there was a response, but didn't get one. I've now found the notifications button ;)