XE Production Restart

All Jaguar XE related discussions
chrisjp

XE Production Restart

Post by chrisjp » Sun May 31, 2020 1:12 pm

Does anyone have any information on when XE production will restart at Castle Bromwich? I ordered a new XE back in January for delivery during April, but of course that didn't happen.
My dealership, when I eventually was able to contact them, say they really don't know when production will restart but have guesstimated that I might get my XE "in July sometime".
I've seen media reports that JLR has resumed production at Solihull but I can't find any word on Castle Bromwich.
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE Prestige 250 PS MY19. Fuji white with oyster leather, privacy glass, xenon lights, heated steering wheel, memory pack, parking pack, Pro navigation 825w, configurable dynamics, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat.

DABroke

Re: XE Production Restart

Post by DABroke » Sun May 31, 2020 4:38 pm

chrisjp wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:12 pm
Does anyone have any information on when XE production will restart at Castle Bromwich? I ordered a new XE back in January for delivery during April, but of course that didn't happen.
My dealership, when I eventually was able to contact them, say they really don't know when production will restart but have guesstimated that I might get my XE "in July sometime".
I've seen media reports that JLR has resumed production at Solihull but I can't find any word on Castle Bromwich.
I too ordered my XE in late January with an expected delivery date of Early April. After a couple of weeks I received a phone call from my dealer to say that my car build was under way and I could expect delivery around mid March. As it turned out that more or less happened and I managed to pick the car up the day that lockdown started. Only has 400 miles on it now though!!
MY20 Carpathian Grey P250 R-Dynamic HSE. Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Matrix Headlights, Cold Climate Pack, Folding Rear Seats, Panoramic Sunroof, Configurable Dynamics, 360 Camera, Clearsight Mirror, Convenience Pack, Red Brake Calipers + load more stuff!

Colt

Post by Colt » Sun May 31, 2020 8:34 pm

To my knowledge they are not back to work till August.
XE R-Sport Santorini black 200ps petrol. Black pack, privacy rear windows, Ebony headlong, 18” black alloys, advanced park assist, heated front screen, 12x12 way heated electric seats, heated power fold door mirrors. Spare wheel.

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:34 pm

Solihull I believe produces product that is sold to China and that market has V recovered straight down and straight backup. Unlike what we expect in Europe which is a U recovery several months of slow movement and then a return to a kind of normal? The XEL that is sold in China is locally produced, therefore no requirement to bring Castle Bromwich online until the European market shows signs of recovery in new vehicle sales and there's a market for the XE.
Jaguar XE R-Dynamic S 180 Portofino blue with white interior replaced Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather

chrisjp

Post by chrisjp » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:58 pm

Yes - I feared this might be the case. I ordered in January so the new XE would be ready for me just as my existing XE PCP deal ended. I'm now faced with paying the balloon payment to keep my existing XE and then renegotiating the price for the new XE when it finally arrives. I'm thinking I might want to cancel the new order and keep my existing XE for longer. I guess that inability to supply what I ordered would be acceptable grounds to cancel - and to get my deposit back. Has anyone had experience of such a cancelation?
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE Prestige 250 PS MY19. Fuji white with oyster leather, privacy glass, xenon lights, heated steering wheel, memory pack, parking pack, Pro navigation 825w, configurable dynamics, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:19 pm

Production at Castle Bromwich is due to start on the 10 August for the F type XE and XF. The production of the all electric new XJ looks like it will now be later
in the year

chrisjp

Post by chrisjp » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:27 pm

I've just received word from my dealership that the XE I ordered back in mid January, for delivery in April, will now not be available until at least late September. Of course I recognise the Covid-19 situation and the closure of JLR's factories but I must admit that this continuing delay is now beginning to try my patience. I think I'd now have grounds to cancel my order and get my £1000 deposit back from the dealership, but I'm holding off for a little longer. Is anyone else experiencing such an extended delay to their order?

lexie

Post by lexie » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:09 pm

Perhaps speak to the finance company and see what they say. Plenty of agreements will have been rolled on during the lock down, installments are pretty much equate to depreciation anyway. The consumer credit act might be a fly in the ointment, but no harm in asking.

Travelling up the A34 last Thursday had transporter after transporter loaded with Range Rovers heading for the docks. Not seen as many as they before, even though there's said to be only one shift operating at Solihull. When production starts at Castle Bromwich I expect it'll be similar.

21 Reg in September is perhaps a nicer pickup than in August. Disappointing but can they flex anything to get it to work better for you.
R-Sport 200ps Ammonite grey, parking pack, split fold rear seats, space saver, 14 way seats

SteveL

Post by SteveL » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:20 pm

This week’s Autocar not optimistic about future XE production

7053467A-7A63-4484-8F91-82A01B49B53A.png

2020 XE P300 AWD R Dynamic HSE, Silicon Silver.
2018 F Pace 3.0S V6, Loire Blue

fraser

Post by fraser » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:42 pm

The early XEs had all the hallmarks of a rushed job. Poor door sealing thus the door shut faces get filthy, no cover over the cup holders, low rent trim material in a lot of places. Trouble is if the XE is dropped, it affects the economics of the XF, because there are a lot of common components, and the drive train is common too. There may even be some common body panels.

I am very happy with my XE Portfolio, but it's a 2017, and has some improvements over the original 2015 car. I suppose you would say I'd be happy, with it costing me half the price of a new one and not even 2 years old and 10k miles on the clock when purchased !!

There is an awful lot of technology in the XE, notably the use of an aluminium body shell in this market segment. plus the first use of the Ingenium engine. However it seems most buyers couldn't care less and only complain about peripherals like the ICE kit. Again, it is OK for me, now I'm finally getting used to using Spotify for music instead of a CD changer.