XE Production Restart

All Jaguar XE related discussions
PhilB

Re: XE Production Restart

Post by PhilB » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:31 am

Before any concerns about the autocar comments, firstly it isn't evidenced (no links to source data) and Autocar often get things plain wrong.
The XE is still selling well, in fact after the "SUV's" it's the 3rd most popular seller.

Screenshot_2020-07-02 Jaguar global sales by model 2013-2019 Statista.png

2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

SteveL

Post by SteveL » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:03 pm

Interesting seeing XE against other Jaguar models. Whilst still selling well, is it enough for a high volume/low margin model that’s competing with 3 series/C class/A4?
Be good to see the BMW/Merc/Audi sales by model and how their compact salons compare to SUVs? I thought the Steve Cropley/Autocar comments about XE performance were a real positive note to end on.
2020 XE P300 AWD R Dynamic HSE, Silicon Silver.
2018 F Pace 3.0S V6, Loire Blue

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:48 pm

I have read other items in the media recently regarding JLR's losses and how the XE and XF could both be making way for just a single replacement model, maybe even a hatchback instead of saloon.

Only time will tell I suppose.
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

JAGDH

Post by JAGDH » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:57 am

147daytona wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:48 pm
I have read other items in the media recently regarding JLR's losses and how the XE and XF could both be making way for just a single replacement model, maybe even a hatchback instead of saloon.

Only time will tell I suppose.
Could be feasible to have saloon, estate and hatchback versions of that new model perhaps. Companies have done similar before even when nobody in their right mind should want certain models. I guess these were mostly possible through a large amount of shared parts

Like the Ford Focus saloon type thing they made and you see every once in a blue moon.

Compact 3 series from around the E46 era were hideous IMO (I’d have an E46 proper no question about it if I could justify owning multiple cars as do have a soft spot for them), and can’t say that the 1 series saloon type shape was nice either (pretty sure they dropped it now but could be wrong).

I might be completely out of touch here but why in the article is the fact it’s a saloon strike one? Anybody who commutes for work or business will see how many there are on the road at those times of day and they seem as popular a choice as ever.
XE 2L Diesel [180] R-Sport (2015/65 Plate/MY16)

Nuttyspark

Post by Nuttyspark » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:29 am

SteveL wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:03 pm
Interesting seeing XE against other Jaguar models. Whilst still selling well, is it enough for a high volume/low margin model that’s competing with 3 series/C class/A4?
Be good to see the BMW/Merc/Audi sales by model and how their compact salons compare to SUVs? I thought the Steve Cropley/Autocar comments about XE performance were a real positive note to end on.
Not good I'm afraid. Below are the sales figures for Europe, 2018/19.

European sales figures.jpg

2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o

keith35

Post by keith35 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Good news I ordered new Xe r hse just before lock down. Bad news, just had call from dealer Jaguar Xe production has been cancelled no more will be made. A new model will be available for order October or November does not know what that will be. I have been promised not to be out pocket if want to wait and order the new model. Details should be available early October.
2.0 R-sport, Glacier white, 19" silver venoms, silver grill,
Meridian, Panoramic roof, Parking pack, Split fold seats, Sun blind and tomtom 5100 satnav.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:01 pm

Interesting.
Nothing going on in the press about discontinuing the XE.
In fact, there are spy shots of a disguised, facelifted XF and most of the blurb is about the upcoming J-Pace SUV and the electric XJ.
Also stories about others in the range getting the mild hybrid treatment as per the Evoque.
They normally stop production at the end of the year to get ready for the next model year MY22 for next year (2021).
Interesting they may be bringing something new for order in October this year though.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Kaikoura

Post by Kaikoura » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:27 pm

It could be that the "new model" is just a MY upgrade. Traditionally Jaguar have released the new model year cars around August/September. With the current factory shutdown perhaps it is not viable to continue with the present car if it was about to undergo a facelift anyway.
Richard Green

I know what's wrong, and if I could find it, I'd fix it.

2016 XE R-Sport - HJ16XES (Cat); 2004 XKR convertible - RG04XKR (Animal); 1975 Triumph TR6 - HPR30N (Rob)

lexie

Post by lexie » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:40 pm

There was a statement made back in 2017 that new models after 2020 would be hybrid or EV. The new defender and the forthcoming XJ uses the MLA architecture that is to underpin future models. It could be that the lockdown has brought this forward and a hybrid Jag will be orderable for delivery in the new year, or the range gets slimmed down with more equipment as standard, as often happens to boost sales and run out to a major update.
R-Sport 200ps Ammonite grey, parking pack, split fold rear seats, space saver, 14 way seats

spritely

Post by spritely » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:10 am

I personally would be very disappointed if the Xe is no longer made - think it is the best car in the range apart from the F type. They are such a beautiful looking car imho. I love mine.
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.