Service costs

All Jaguar XE related discussions
wdig

Re: Service costs

Post by wdig » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:10 pm

Slight thread drift - our XES is a month overdue for 3rd year service and a month or so left on the Jaguar warranty.
I've been chasing up my preferred dealer but they say they cannot yet do collect/ deliver (not that I would) or allow you to wait on the premises and say Jaguar is not allowing courtesy cars at present - I don't understand the latter. So if I want to go ahead I would have to stand outside the premises for a couple of hours, potentially in the pouring rain.

Has anyone had a service recently during lockdown, and how was it managed?

Zingiber

Post by Zingiber » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:22 pm

wdig wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:10 pm
Slight thread drift - our XES is a month overdue for 3rd year service and a month or so left on the Jaguar warranty.
I've been chasing up my preferred dealer but they say they cannot yet do collect/ deliver (not that I would) or allow you to wait on the premises and say Jaguar is not allowing courtesy cars at present - I don't understand the latter. So if I want to go ahead I would have to stand outside the premises for a couple of hours, potentially in the pouring rain.

Mine is currently in for it's service. Same deal regarding waiting on premises and courtesy cars, though I think they are doing collections/deliveries.
Unfortunately in your case the only options are to either walk, get a lift, or get a cab.

It was a nice day today so I walked home, and I'll get a lift (from the same household) to pick it up later on.
MY2018 XE 25t R-Sport • Caesium Blue • Midnight Blue interior • InControl Touch Pro • 380w Meridian sound system.
It's got a CD player player player player player player

xeMan

Post by xeMan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:25 pm

I exhaust so its a 163 Prestige model

wdig

Post by wdig » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:32 pm

Thanks for quick reply on servicing arrangements - looks like its the norm. Unfortunately I didn't mention the preferred dealer is some 45 miles away so a walk is out and with social distancing and the wife currently not driving so is a lift.
There is a much nearer dealer but I am loathe to go there as they are in the process of redeveloping their LR site for a multi million joint showroom so have Jaguar and LR jammed together on the old soon to be abandoned Jaguar site. It looks heavily congested so I worry about "hangar rash" or its automotive equivalent

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 pm

Just over a week back I had my XE in for MOT and got a courtesy car, a brand new Peugeot 3008, so where are they coming up with that nonsense.

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:41 pm

wdig wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:10 pm

I had my car serviced last week and like you wdig, had no courtesy car or collection service. I was told it would take about three hours to do it. The invoice at the end of the day stated mechanics time of 0.8 hours, so who knows where the remainder of the time was spent, apart from the valet. Fortunately the shopping centre close by was open so I spent the time wandering around there with the wife. However, 3 hours is a long time to kill, believe me.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

wdig

Post by wdig » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Useful posts - Vespa - was that a Jagdealer - if so how did they access the Pug - multiple franchise dealer?
My preferred dealer is stand alone Jag / LR and his other franchises are miles away and all exotic. From Bazzamf looks like there is a Jag embargo - perhaps in normal times they allow dealers to overstock at no cost to them to support loan cars and with shutdown they may be short of sale stock.

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:41 pm

I always use the JLR dealer. They also have other retail outlets that sell other brands such as Volvo and Bentley. I assume they have a pug dealership not too far away. I can say that on the day I picked up my XE when I bought it, they had a Bentley in for Px and it was sold straight away via their Bristol dealership.

Zingiber

Post by Zingiber » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:54 pm

Vespa wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:41 pm
I always use the JLR dealer. They also have other retail outlets that sell other brands such as Volvo and Bentley. I assume they have a pug dealership not too far away. I can say that on the day I picked up my XE when I bought it, they had a Bentley in for Px and it was sold straight away via their Bristol dealership.
Funnily enough I checked their website and they don't have a Pug dealership.
Wonder if someone was silly enough to trade in a brand new 3008, and they just gave that to you as a courtesy car before they punt it off to auction?
Last edited by Zingiber on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY2018 XE 25t R-Sport • Caesium Blue • Midnight Blue interior • InControl Touch Pro • 380w Meridian sound system.
It's got a CD player player player player player player

Phorever

Post by Phorever » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:13 pm

I had my xe serviced 2 week ago at rybrook Warrington and got a 19 plate pug 3008 as courtesy car. I could have waited in the dealership if I wanted to.
MY19 R-Sport i4 petrol 200ps in santorini black with black pack.