Service costs

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Deleted User 732

Re: Service costs

Post by Deleted User 732 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:45 pm

They also have Fords. Phorever, you probably had the same car as me a Red 3008?

Phorever

Post by Phorever » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:55 pm

Vespa wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:45 pm
They also have Fords. Phorever, you probably had the same car as me a Red 3008?
Yeah I had a red one, gt line. Think there was a silver one as well.
MY19 R-Sport i4 petrol 200ps in santorini black with black pack.

rjevansuk

Post by rjevansuk » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:56 pm

BRC wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:10 am
Faltwen wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:53 am
I read somewhere that you can send a copy of the service invoice to jaguar via email and they'll add it to the record.
I think that is still the case and this link explains more: http://www.independentgarageassociation ... ords_2.pdf

My view is we instinctively value a full dealer history when in reality a good independent can be just as good if not better. As for keeping a record of services, if an indie can’t access the Jaguar systems then what is wrong with keeping an itemised receipt covering the service. Additionally many indies now offer a "service book" into which they place their stamp. Frankly I'm not keen on paying a Jag tech £20 to undo a nut when an indie will charge £5 to undo the self same nut! My advice, go to a good indie and stop getting mugged off by the brand.
Useful information but I cant get the link on the PDF to work.
2019 XE Presteige 180 D AWD, grey

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:59 am

Just an update;

A good independent should have the ability to update the OSH. The independent I recently contacted could do that.

The independent could also update the SOTA but they'd charge over £100 to do that, whereas it should be part of a Jaguar main dealer service.

Finally, I've just had my OSH updated to reflect a non franchised service carried out before I collected the car. I PM'd the CRC on here, and Dan got back to me very quickly. I provided the proof of service and very shortly after, the OSH was accurate.

Top marks to Dan from the CRC!
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio :D
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport.

RalphieM

Post by RalphieM » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:19 pm

BRC wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:10 am
My advice, go to a good indie and stop getting mugged off by the brand.
A man after my own thoughts.
EU block exemption rules allow for any car to be serviced by Any VAT registered garage providing the parts used are OE or of OE quality and there would be bugger all that Jaguar OR any other manufacturer could do about it, make it difficult maybe (in the event of a warranty claim) but providing the block exemption guidelines have been adhered to, nothing else!!
MY18 Dark Sapphire R-Sport 250, Black Pack, Heated Screen, Heated Steering Wheel, Dual Screen ICT Pro, TFT Cluster, Meridian surround sound,19" Sparkle Silver 5071's, Ebony/Light Oyster, Adaptive & Configurable dynamics.