Squeak/rattle

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Mikeyhc1

Squeak/rattle

Post by Mikeyhc1 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:03 pm

Have any of you experienced a squeaky rattle coming from the near side parcel self/C pillar area. Happens at any speed on a bumpy road surface.
I’ve prodded and poked around the area and can’t find anything out of place.

Have any of you had similar experiences?

KJW

Re: Squeak/rattle

Post by KJW » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:43 pm

Yes, I've got a similar rattle. Keep meaning to get SWMBO to drive while I sit in the back to see if I can track it down. :)

Mikeyhc1

Post by Mikeyhc1 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:51 pm

I’ve now moved onto wedging things down good to see if it makes any difference. I read somewhere on here that the rear shocks can squeak mine seems to be an interior rattle.

Has yours got folding rear seats? Mine has not ☹️

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:05 pm

If you have folding rear seats, check that the rear seat belts are in the correct position, especially the centre one. If it's trapped behind the seat back it can cause a rattle.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Hillmangt

Post by Hillmangt » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:46 pm

I have the same problem with an almost constant rattle from that area. The dealer had the car for four weeks last November having stripped down the roof headlining and repairing some fixing. It was difficult to find out exactly what but I assume it involved some form of adhesive.
Unfortunately it only lasted a number of weeks and came back on a trip to Scotland at New Year. It was paid for by the supplying dealer.
It is due its service this month when I will be asking for it to be investigated again at their expense. The sound apparently travels and is very difficult to find. I have been in the back with the seats down and my daughter driving and could find nothing loose so it must be in the roof.
It is a pain and spoils a good car especially as I like to drive at night without music or the radio playing. My 19 year old Mercedes still drives silenty which shows the difference in build quality between the two cars.
XE 2.0t 200PS Auto Prestige, Italian Racing Red, 2015 lots of toys.
Mercedes C320 Elegance Auto. Petrol. Eibach springs. Twin K & N Filters. Staggered 18 in replica AMG wheels. 2001.

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:06 am

Panoramic roof ? That was a pain in the bum on mine until a chap in the USA told me how to fix it. No noise since.

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Vespa wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:06 am
Panoramic roof ? That was a pain in the bum on mine until a chap in the USA told me how to fix it. No noise since.
Tell us about this Vespa, my Panoramic seems to have a squeak, creak! Thanks.
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:23 pm

The outer trim on the inside of the car is sometimes not pushed fully home and rattles. Just apply gentle pressure all around it and it may cure it. Mine was fine after.

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:55 pm

thanks Vespa... :D
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

Mikeyhc1

Post by Mikeyhc1 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:35 pm

I will be doing some investigating this weekend and I’ll post if I find anything useful, like Hillmangt said it takes the edge of an absolute brilliant car