All Jaguar XE related discussions
JAGDH

Re: Help me choose a used Jag! Is this good? 16k Budget, Black XE R-Sport

Post by JAGDH » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:35 am

XEBuyer500 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:13 pm
Vespa wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:00 pm
Probably because the bulk of early cars were diesel and a new design engine. Funnily enough the 180 was said to do 0-60 in 7.3 then it went to 7.5 and now it is 7.8. Possibly due to Adblue dosing and emissions controls needed tightening. I would now get a petrol version but not until the road tax is the same rate for everyone, inc milk floats.
Hi guys thanks so much!

So why is everyone recommending a petrol version?

From what I've read diesel engines seem to last longer lifespan wise.

Would this car have the new petrol?
https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/link/143748092
The diesels lasting longer has always seemed to be a thing on Audi’s and various other cars, and when I bought my A4 comparable diesels were more expensive than petrol counterparts.

Seem to see a difference in opinion when it comes to the XE for some reason. I love my XE that I bought a few months back and I think it’s way more interesting than a 3 series, and a nicer drive than a similar age A3 saloon / A4 IMO but I do have a tiny bit of buyers remorse I guess you could call it and sometimes wonder if I should have gone for another Audi instead.

I’ve never really worried about my cars breaking down at the side of the road, or having major issues but do worry about this one at the back of my mind a little when I see all the reports of random DEF errors and other things that crop up.

There’s the typical opinion that JLR cars aren’t reliable, which I think is generally blown out of proportion (since any and all cars will have issues whether it’s a Kia or a Ferrari) so if I were you I wouldn’t worry too much about that. They aren’t really any more expensive to fix than a BMW.

My plan was always to keep the XE I have now for about 2 years, so that’s probably what I’ll do unless I get tempted away by a Tesla Model 3 or a Porsche of some sort.
XE 2L Diesel [180] R-Sport (2015/65 Plate/MY16)

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:49 am

Engine specs are here if fuel and emissions are important.
https://www.jaguar.com/Images/Jaguar-XE ... 710487.pdf

lexie

Post by lexie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:04 am

The early Ford 200ps petrol has hidden exhausts ,as did the 163 diesel I think. There are a few posts on here where owners have had the 200ps downturned tail pipes cut off, near the silencers, and had straight pipe welded on, to fit with the standard 240ps twin exhaust valance.
R-Sport 200ps Ammonite grey, parking pack, split fold rear seats, space saver, 14 way seats