Jag XE FEELS LIKE CROSS WIND HITTING IT

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Jon1999

Jag XE FEELS LIKE CROSS WIND HITTING IT

Post by Jon1999 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi Guys,

Just bought a Jag XE 2016 Rsport 20d and the dealer has got the alloys refurbished drove the car and I feel like I'm hitting cross wind when on the motor way and also when breaking harshly had the kids in the car and when it happend felt like the car was all over the place, partner got a fright when it did it.

Also my father in law has the XF and drove it also noticed a cross wind fight at speeds and whilst breaking.

Spoken to the dealer and has booked me in with Chester jaguar centre (B&W auto motive Ltd) spoken to Lee there any one had any reviews there and had similar issues with the car?

BOBCDP

Re: Jag XE FEELS LIKE CROSS WIND HITTING IT

Post by BOBCDP » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:51 pm

The XE is normally rock steady at any speed so there is definitely a problem with yours. Not even worth guessing at what it might be but it most certainly needs to be checked out asap. Hope you manage to get it fixed soon
2020 - MY19 2018 R-Sport 30T AWD, Firenza, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano Roof, Touch Pro Dual,
40/20/40 Folding Seats.
2016- 2020 MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:05 pm

I'd suggest checking the wear across all the tyres and the tyre pressures if you're experiencing this at speed and slowing down. Mine came with dunlops and as they wore down they became a bit twitchy
MY 17 XE S 340 Yulong White, Pan roof, 18 way seats, heated wheel, power folding mirrors, powered boot, split folding seats

IIRXES

Post by IIRXES » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:25 pm

Mine was the same on no,where near new Dunlops a change to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s all round and ithe ride and handling were transformed almost like a new car...

capese21

Post by capese21 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:27 pm

Check tyres, make & size. Front & rear size are different check them. Pressures to. I have a 16 reg R-sport 35k and the wheels are perfect.

Why would yours need a refurb? Excessive kerbing? Maybe knocked the allignment out. What mileage do you have?
XE Indus Silver 2.0L Ford engine Heated front screen Reverse camera Blind spot warning.

fraser

Post by fraser » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:25 pm

My XE is rocksteady, so there is clearly something very wrong with yours. I would suggest an immediate examination of the tyres, especially the make of tyre. Are they the same on each axle ? My MG TF was so twitchy when I bought it 6 years ago, I was going to sell it on, but a change to the recommended tyres made it seem like I had bought a new car ! The tracking would seem to be in urgent need of attention as well. Was your car bought from a Jaguar main agent ? Any warranty ? Your car could have been in a collision that was fixed privately so not on any insurance database of repaired or written-off cars.

Ian0304

Post by Ian0304 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:58 am

The possibilities list is pretty big but to add it could also be wheel balancing issues when they did the refurb and check you haven’t got a mix of normal and run flat tyres on but best advice as above get it to a garage ASAP 👍🏻
XE R-Sport 25D AWD, grey, 14 way memory seats/folding mirrors, advanced park, meridian, black pack, privacy, split/folding rear seats.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:27 am

You also mention the issue appears under braking ?
Check all four discs to make sure they are all shiny and therefore working.
Go out and find a quiet piece of road and get to at around 30 mph then brake with your hands just off the wheel and see if the car dives left or right.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:17 am

Yeah it is very off that it is happening at speed and under braking, normally they would be two very different things. My arsey guess is wheel alignment, and maybe not being used to the sensitivity of the steering. I've driven a few cars that tended to veer around on low profiles (volvo, I'm thinking of you), but not jags.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

IIRXES

Post by IIRXES » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:38 am

IIRXES wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:25 pm
Mine was the same on no,where near new Dunlops a change to the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s all round and ithe ride and handling were transformed almost like a new car...
Apologies, my car wasn't on Dunlops it was on Pirelli tyres. As I say they were way past the first flush of youth.