Missing Nav SD card??

All Jaguar XE related discussions
manc1973

Missing Nav SD card??

Post by manc1973 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:46 am

Hi,

1st post here as purchased a 2015 XE yesterday. First impressions are extremely good.

However a question: when firing up the Navigation I’m greeted with a insert SD card message. A quick google does return a good description of the Jaguar navigation system and/or give details on where I can get the afore mentioned SD card from.

Any explanations and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Clive

JAGDH

Re: Missing Nav SD card??

Post by JAGDH » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:39 pm

The SD Card would have come with the car from new. It has to be paired to the car to work and Jag can provide a new one for a fee.

I would ask the person or dealership you got it from if they have it but forgot to put it in. I’m still waiting for mine but was assured when buying the car that they have the SD Card in the safe at a different office (couldn’t get it due to COVID).

Where did you buy the car from? By chance I noticed it was missing in mine when test driving so asked. It’s possible the card was misplaced by a previous owner.

It’s also required to use anything that’s voice activated and to allow the car to read a text message aloud rather than just displaying it on the screen (it only shows when stationary, a warning is shown otherwise)

The built in Nav requires you to pay for map updates if you want them (with it being a 2015 the free updates expired already). About £96 per update. I’m looking to do the CarPlay conversion on mine for about £370 as I did the same in my previous car and Google/Apple maps are just plain better in most cases. Definitely worth hunting down the SD if you can though as the voice features are needed if you want to hear incoming text messages
XE 2L Diesel [180] R-Sport (2015/65 Plate/MY16)

BOBCDP

Post by BOBCDP » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:06 pm

Yes definitely worth chasing with whoever you bought the car from. Some scammers were selling them on Ebay a while ago but they didn't tell you you would have to go to a Jaguar dealer to get them programmed to the car. Always assuming they were genuine copies anyway.
You can copy the original SD card and keep as a backup but it is useless to anyone else.
If you have to go to a dealer for a replacement I would imagine by the time they order one and programme it, it will be very expensive.
2020 - MY19 2018 R-Sport 30T AWD, Firenza, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano Roof, Touch Pro Dual,
40/20/40 Folding Seats.
2016- 2020 MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

Jeff123

Post by Jeff123 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:37 am

Just a thought; are you sure it’s not there? Mine flashed up this type of warning once and I found that the card just needed pushing in again.
XE R-Dynamic 180d Eiger Grey MY20

manc1973

Post by manc1973 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:25 pm

Guys,

Thank you for your tips. Chased up the dealer and the card was eventually located (albeit still waiting for it to arrive in the post!!) Had contacted Jaguar and was quoted £180 for a programmed replacement!!!

Clive