So a lorry cut me up

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Cosmic Cat

So a lorry cut me up

Post by Cosmic Cat » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:19 pm

Hey, Been meaning to post for ages, didnt expect it to be like this

touch here pic

So long story short, A lorry cut me up, There is camera evidence and as im a cheapskate I have TPFT, Im unclear that if i have evidence that its not my fault though wouldnt the costs just come out the other company?

Im just wondering how i should deal with this, I mean from the looks of things i can sort it out myself if it comes to that, part sourcing is the issue.

Or should i get in contact with the company as they say they can deal with it, as im sure they deal with things like this on a weekly basis i just dont know how they deal with these things.

RoJo

Re: So a lorry cut me up

Post by RoJo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:50 pm

Welcome and what a pity!

The problem is that if you leave it to the company you don't know what sort of repair you might get. You can ask them as to how they would proceed, ie use a Jaguar approved repairer.

If you're in the clear blame wise and can prove it, TPFT shouldn't be a disadvantage for you.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio :D
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport.

Cosmic Cat

Post by Cosmic Cat » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:32 pm

RoJo wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:50 pm
Welcome and what a pity!

The problem is that if you leave it to the company you don't know what sort of repair you might get. You can ask them as to how they would proceed, ie use a Jaguar approved repairer.

If you're in the clear blame wise and can prove it, TPFT shouldn't be a disadvantage for you.
Yeah thats the thing, I need to make sure the survalence from the roundabout gets to the right people, I want to see it myself but i dont think im allowed :?

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:44 pm

Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio :D
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport.

Cosmic Cat

Post by Cosmic Cat » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:16 pm

RoJo wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:44 pm
This any help?

https://www.londoncyclist.co.uk/access- ... -accident/
That helps me quite a lot actually, Thanks.

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:46 am

If you can get hold of the evidence and it's not your fault, go the insurance route - it's what you pay it for!
Did the lorry stop and did you exchange details?
If it didn't stop, did you get it's number or at least which company it belongs to and were there any witnesses?
Without any credible evidence or witnesses I'm afraid it may be coming out of your own pocket.
I don't know your age or the age and value of your XE but was fully comp really that much more expensive than TPFT!

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:58 pm

If you are still within the three year warranty period then Jaguar will take care of everything. Someone hit me last year, I notified Jaguar and they took care of everything including a courtesy car. It cost me nothing and the service was great and all I had to do was fill in a short form. My insurance was, and still is, with LV and not Jaguar.
Bazzamf - 2017 XE 200PS Petrol Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Ian0304

Post by Ian0304 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:48 pm

Just be mindful guys, regardless of blame or not, if you decide to repair privately or use an accident management company or Jaguar - I’m pretty sure you have to inform your insurance as future claims may be void if you have withheld information that may effect your risk rating. Not saying I’d inform them if I had a small prang and repaired privately but anything otherwise I’d be seeking some advice.
XE R-Sport 25D AWD, grey, 14 way memory seats/folding mirrors, advanced park, meridian, black pack, privacy, split/folding rear seats.

Colt

Post by Colt » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:44 pm

Basically if you go thru insurance whether you prove fault or not they will still increase your premium next year one way or another. I claimed once and had witnesses to agree fault was with third party. My ncb stayed at maximum but they loaded the price another way. I asked why and the insurance man said and I quote “now you’ve had an accident the statistics show your more prone to have another!” Total scam. Needless to say I didn’t renew with company.
2019 XE R-Sport Santorini black 200ps petrol. Black pack, privacy rear windows, Ebony headlining, 18” black alloys, advanced park assist, heated front screen, 12x12 way heated electric seats, heated power fold door mirrors. Spare wheel.

Ian0304

Post by Ian0304 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:34 pm

Yes doesn’t seem fair but it’s reality as you are driving in an area which increases the risk of an accident regardless of blame. I asked my mate who manages an insurance brokers for clarification on having to inform your insurance and he reported;

Yes is the short answer. Most insurers subscribe to the Claims Underwriting Exchange – which is the database that collates who claimed for what. As all insurers ask the question of claims REGARDLESS of whether they claimed, then to make a truthful statement of facts – they must provide the details…

So I’d be inclined to tell my insurers as I wouldn’t want my insurance potentially to be voided as I’d withheld info.

That damage looks pretty tasty to me so I’d be going through my insurance regardless but I do have PNC so covered a little.
XE R-Sport 25D AWD, grey, 14 way memory seats/folding mirrors, advanced park, meridian, black pack, privacy, split/folding rear seats.