Jaguar step up to the plate

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Kushanku

Jaguar step up to the plate

Post by Kushanku » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:18 pm

My XE was 3 years old at the end of June. Due to the current shenanigans I couldn't take it for its last service under warranty. Had it in today at Guy Salmon in Northampton (who have always been top notch in my experience) for it's service. They came back with two advisories ...

ENGINE - ON START UP HEARD RATTLE NOISE COMING FROM TURBOCHARGER LINK ARM - cost £2,039
STEERING & SUSPENSION - FRONT - FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHES STARTING TO COME AWAY FROM OUTER SHROUD - cost £550

Two grand for a 6 inch steel bar seemed excessive to me but quite a large bit of kit comes with it and the turbo needs to come out.

I said not what I was expecting after only 3 years/19,000 miles! But they said it was out of warranty so would be chargeable. They offered to escalate it and within 4 hours I had a call back and it is being done F.O.C. with the tab being picked up by Jaguar.

Well done Jaguar/Guy Salmon for doing the honourable thing
Kushanku

XE Portfolio 200PS Ingenium Petrol
Metallic Yulong White with Sienna Tan interior and Satin Ash Burr Veneer.
Pro Navigation Pack with Meridian Sound System, Parking Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Split Folding Rear Seat, Spare Wheel

Colt

Re: Jaguar step up to the plate

Post by Colt » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:34 pm

Nice one. Yes I use guy Salmon Jaguar Coventry. They seem to appreciate my custom and have great reviews. 👏
2019 XE R-Sport Santorini black 200ps petrol. Black pack, privacy rear windows, Ebony headlining, 18” black alloys, advanced park assist, heated front screen, 12x12 way heated electric seats, heated power fold door mirrors. Spare wheel.

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:17 pm

Nice to hear a positive story, amongst all the doom and gloom!
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio :D
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport.

fraser

Post by fraser » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:47 pm

All well and good, but should parts like this fail at such low mileages and at such huge cost to repair ? Jaguar have a reputation as flaky cars in the USA, needing hugely expensive repairs at not all that many miles. You'd think Jaguar would be making every effort to make their cars more durable, but I'm afraid they seem to be asleep on the job at the moment.

DABroke

Post by DABroke » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:27 pm

fraser wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:47 pm
All well and good, but should parts like this fail at such low mileages and at such huge cost to repair ? Jaguar have a reputation as flaky cars in the USA, needing hugely expensive repairs at not all that many miles. You'd think Jaguar would be making every effort to make their cars more durable, but I'm afraid they seem to be asleep on the job at the moment.
I totally agree. It does amaze me sometimes the durability issues Jaguar have - sometimes at quite modest mileages, and consequently does give me some cause for concern. On the flip side, it is encouraging that Jaguar do seem to contribute quite often in cases like these. If only they could build in some durability and reliability they could save themselves a fortune!
MY20 Carpathian Grey P250 R-Dynamic HSE. Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Matrix Headlights, Cold Climate Pack, Folding Rear Seats, Panoramic Sunroof, Configurable Dynamics, 360 Camera, Clearsight Mirror, Convenience Pack, Red Brake Calipers + load more stuff!

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:00 am

Nice to see a good dealer doing the right thing.
They are out there believe it or not.
:D

Of course all XE's are totally unreliable and falling to bits at the side of the road everywhere.
It says so on forums so it must be true eh?
;)

A bit of inconvenient truth:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/the ... d=msedgdhp
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:29 am

I wish I could get a result for my XE. It has now been at the dealership, under the guidance of Jaguar Technical Assistance I might add, for 7 WEEKS, and they still haven't diagnosed the problem never mind fixing it.
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:41 am

In the light of this being a positive thread, as in Jaguar have done well can we leave out the negativity please ?
Thanks.

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:32 pm

PhilB wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:00 am

Of course all XE's are totally unreliable and falling to bits at the side of the road everywhere.
It says so on forums so it must be true eh?
I'm not having a go at my dealership, their hands are tied by JLR Technical Assistance, and I will quite gladly post on here in capital letters if my XE ever gets fixed, but after 7 weeks and counting since I last saw my XE, I'm sure you can appreciate that at the moment I'm not feeling the love!
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:02 am

Yes, your situation is bad and I see you have got in touch with CRC at the end of last month.
But this isn't your thread.
Someone posts a positive thing and the "joy vampires" descend to bring it down.
It's a shame that good news can't be appreciated any more.