Jaguar step up to the plate

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Hillmangt

Re: Jaguar step up to the plate

Post by Hillmangt » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm

I agree with the positivity. If we read the forums for any make of car the negative aspect would stop you buying anything and just take public transport instead, heaven forbid.
XE 2.0t 200PS Auto Prestige, Italian Racing Red, 2015. Every extra available except sunroof I believe.
Mercedes C320 Elegance Auto. Petrol. Eibach springs. Twin K & N Filters. Staggered 18 in replica AMG wheels. 2001.

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:00 pm

Hillmangt wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm
I agree with the positivity. If we read the forums for any make of car the negative aspect would stop you buying anything and just take public transport instead, heaven forbid.

Bzzt - five point penalty, talking sense on the interweb... :lol:

I'm pretty sure it is human nature, to complain at everything, but hold back on the praise.

It was good to hear that Kushanku got a positive result, though!
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

mrb

Post by mrb » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:13 pm

I too got a positive result from Barretts Jaguar Canterbury. Needed new DEF sensor 2 months out of warranty for an ongoing DEF fault. They paid 80% of repair and I paid £90.
2017 MY R-Sport AWD XE with ACC, Configurable Dynamics, etc, etc. Previous Jags: XJ6 series 2, XJ X350, XFS Portfolio.

Kushanku

Post by Kushanku » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 am

Oh dear I seem to have stirred things up unintentionally. I had the feeling that there were more negatives on the forum than positives. People that have negative experiences with their vehicles are more vocal than people with positive ones. Human nature. Just thought I'd share my positive experience. Even though what occurred did make me wonder why does this happen to a quality car in 3 years? But overall I have had no problems with my XE in that time. Other than an initial misfiring when new, which was quickly fixed. I like to think (hope?) I am in the quiet majority but that there are some unfortunate people that have a problematic car. I also wanted to praise Guy Salmon who have always been good. When the world was "normal" I didn't even have to take my car in for a service. A driver would come and collect it, take it the 15 miles to Northampton and they would bring it back at the end of the day. No charge.
Kushanku

XE Portfolio 200PS Ingenium Petrol
Metallic Yulong White with Sienna Tan interior and Satin Ash Burr Veneer.
Pro Navigation Pack with Meridian Sound System, Parking Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Split Folding Rear Seat, Spare Wheel

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:01 am

My apologies Kushanku, I didn't mean to hijack your topic and I'm really pleased your issue was resolved satisfactorily.

I had no issues with my previous 240 hence why I had no hesitation to upgrade to the 300.

I know any car can have problems, it's the way it's dealt with that makes the difference and gives either a dealership or manufacturer a bad name.

In your case Jaguar have come up trumps, in my case I'm afraid the jury is still out.
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

Kushanku

Post by Kushanku » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:01 am

147daytona wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:01 am
My apologies Kushanku, I didn't mean to hijack your topic and I'm really pleased your issue was resolved satisfactorily.

I had no issues with my previous 240 hence why I had no hesitation to upgrade to the 300.

I know any car can have problems, it's the way it's dealt with that makes the difference and gives either a dealership or manufacturer a bad name.

In your case Jaguar have come up trumps, in my case I'm afraid the jury is still out.
No apologies necessary. I do hope that all that have the power to do so pull their finger out and do the right thing. Good luck.
Kushanku

XE Portfolio 200PS Ingenium Petrol
Metallic Yulong White with Sienna Tan interior and Satin Ash Burr Veneer.
Pro Navigation Pack with Meridian Sound System, Parking Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Split Folding Rear Seat, Spare Wheel