The long wait

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Cabby

The long wait

Post by Cabby » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:10 pm

I’ve decided that I need another XE in my life, so I’ve ordered a 2021 P250 R-Dynamic Black in Eiger Grey with a few goodies.

I’m told that Castle Bromwich won’t be producing XE’s until November and that the first ones off the line will be dealer demonstrators. I think it’s probably a good thing that the first ones aren’t customer cars, which I believe will start arriving in the new year. I’ve therefore asked for a March delivery.

So the long wait begins!
Incoming - XE 250 R-Dynamic Black in Eiger Grey with Siena Tan interior, 19" Style 1050 alloys and a few toys
Gone, but not forgotten - XE 250 Portfolio in Corris Grey with Siena Tan

Jijosjag

Re: The long wait

Post by Jijosjag » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Congratulations, exciting timings.

You're configuration of color and Black pack is similar to what I had configured. That color does look beautifully mean.

It is a long wait but am sure it'll be well worth it.

chrisjp

Post by chrisjp » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:10 pm

Yes, Castle Bromwich has restarted operations but, as you say, will not be producing XEs until November. I was told this by my dealership when I finally picked up my new XE on 26 September. I had ordered it last January and, apparently, the only reason mine was completed at Castle Bromwich when they re-opened was that they'd made the body in March before the lockdown. I was somewhat nervous about build quality as it had become a one-off but, so far, it is fine with the best paint job (Portofino Blue) that I've seen, and good tight panel gaps. The dealership was also saying that they had no new XEs in stock at all, so I can understand why JLR are concentrating on supplying dealerships first before they build to customer order.
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Portofino Blue, Light Oyster, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, Meridian 825w, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat, black pack, 16-way driver seat

Cabby

Post by Cabby » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Thanks Jijosjag. There are so many combinations, but Eigar was the closest to my old Corris Grey which I loved with the Siena Tan, so this one will be very similar. I don't normally go for the same/ similar colour on the next car, so this is a first for me.
Incoming - XE 250 R-Dynamic Black in Eiger Grey with Siena Tan interior, 19" Style 1050 alloys and a few toys

Cabby

Post by Cabby » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:27 pm

It sounds like, chrisjp, that you have a hand built XE! That probably means it will be perfect. Great spec as well. Enjoy.

billvega

Post by billvega » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Hmmm, I placed my order Yesterday and delivery date is stated as end of January. But I am waiting for a more definitive date.. hmmm bloddy hell, I don't want to wait that long! EDIT: I re read properly in that you have CHOSEN to wait for the 21 plate.

I also went for the P250 S R Dynamic, Carpathian Grey (£900 more :roll: ) added the full driver display and lower touch screen, Gloss black 19" wheels with red calipers, black pack, privacy glass but most importantly.. heated steering wheel :D Could not justify nearly 2k more for the 20" Propellas which I had my heart set on as they make you have adaptive dynamics with them as a pack :roll:

40.20.40 is standard now thank god and also the folding and heated wing mirrors.

By going with the S I removed all the stuff i didn't want from the SE like keyless bloody entry.. the thieves choice of car! Saved a fair bit that way.
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

Cabby

Post by Cabby » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:15 pm

I had a hard time choosing between the R-Dymanic S and Black and, like you, didn't want the keyless entry on the SE. Went for the Black in the end with the 19" 1050 alloys, but if you wanted Carpathian I guess you wouldn't have had a choice.

I'm looking forward to the Pivi Pro with the 3D Surround Camera which should be fun. I didn't spec the Interactive Driver Display (at £500) , but noticed after ordering that its listed as included in the spec comparison table, so who knows if it will be on my build :? . I've never had a heated steering wheel, so it didn't make the cut (I had to draw the line somewhere).

billvega

Post by billvega » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Cabby wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:15 pm
I had a hard time choosing between the R-Dymanic S and Black and, like you, didn't want the keyless entry on the SE. Went for the Black in the end with the 19" 1050 alloys, but if you wanted Carpathian I guess you wouldn't have had a choice.

I'm looking forward to the Pivi Pro with the 3D Surround Camera which should be fun. I didn't spec the Interactive Driver Display (at £500) , but noticed after ordering that its listed as included in the spec comparison table, so who knows if it will be on my build :? . I've never had a heated steering wheel, so it didn't make the cut (I had to draw the line somewhere).
The S has a digital centre display but with analogue dials. Yes, privi pro.. I hope the sat nav is better than in my current XE which is shocking.

Here's mine:

20201014_193030.jpg

XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

Jijosjag

Post by Jijosjag » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:11 pm

Looks great.. congratulations

What sort of discounts did you all get on your orders?

billvega

Post by billvega » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:14 pm

Jijosjag wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:11 pm
Looks great.. congratulations

What sort of discounts did you all get on your orders?
None, because Jag have dropped the prices by loads. Dealer said they have taken away the dealer profits 🤔