Stolen :(

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Hammers

Re: Stolen :(

Post by Hammers » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:09 am

Sorry to hear it and amazed watching the video that they could do it so quickly. Mine is in a locked garage and normally I would have said it’s fine as our area is also very quiet. But the only a few weeks ago now a house near us some boys aged 14 - 16 broke in held the owners at knife point and took their car keys to their BMW 4wd so maybe it is better if they just have access to the car at times. Still never good to have happen and I hope the insurance works out okay.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

Stolenjag

Post by Stolenjag » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:28 am

Judging by this latest footage I’m not sure that my replacement will be around much longer....or is this chap just admiring it & I’m being paranoid 🙄

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0kFvaU6 ... vtlwJ6N2xw

Kaikoura

Post by Kaikoura » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:36 am

Stolenjag wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:28 am
Judging by this latest footage I’m not sure that my replacement will be around much longer....or is this chap just admiring it & I’m being paranoid 🙄

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0kFvaU6 ... vtlwJ6N2xw
If it had been a Lambo or McLaren it would still have been a bit OTT :o
Richard Green

I know what's wrong and if I could find it I'd fix it.

2016 XE R-Sport; 2004 XKR convertible; 1975 Triumph TR6

Hammers

Post by Hammers » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:59 am

Yes got to admit that doesn’t look like just admiring.
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

spritely

Post by spritely » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Think I would be concerned about that video too - casing it may be?
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:26 pm

Nah, I see that as just curious. A real scrote will know what they're looking at and won't draw attention to themselves.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport

Nuttyspark

Post by Nuttyspark » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:39 pm

I've done that to lots of cars I like the look of. Never looked around to see if anyone is watching me though.
I see you have fitted a steering wheel lock. Good call. I think a Rottweiler chained to the steering wheel might add that extra bit of security.
What spec of car is your replacement?
2017 Dark Sapphire 180D. Cold climate pack, reverse camera, Meridian sound system and 10" touch pro. Oh and a fully functioning S/S. :o

Stolenjag

Post by Stolenjag » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:42 pm

Nuttyspark wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:39 pm
I've done that to lots of cars I like the look of. Never looked around to see if anyone is watching me though.
I see you have fitted a steering wheel lock. Good call. I think a Rottweiler chained to the steering wheel might add that extra bit of security.
What spec of car is your replacement?
It’s an E Pace 200 petrol HSE, very very different drive to the XE. Definitely slower off the mark but the 9 speed auto really is smooth. I miss the 360 cameras my XE had but other than that it’s got everything I could want, and is it a bit easier to get in & out of than my low R-Sport XE!

Elsa_jag

Post by Elsa_jag » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Nah, I think that guy is an admirer. Why would he get a view from every angle if he’s after pinching it? IMO if he was going to pinch it, he would have tried the doors (just to see if you do bother to lock it) and he would have been looking in the drivers side to weigh up the crook lock.

The way he was looking from every angle, he’s probably thinking of buying one and hasn’t seen one in the flesh. Nothing like seeing one in the street to really understand the lines and stature of a car.

I got rid of my CCTV after my last house move, I had it installed after some vandalism and then was always checking it and assuming the worst of everyone! you’re sometimes just better off ignorant of this sort of stuff, it used to make me bad!
Carl

Jaguar XE, MY17, ‘66 reg R-sport, 20d 180ps auto
Jaguar XJ, 1994 S, 3.2 auto
VW T25, 1981 Westfalia LHD, 2.0 Aircooled
VW T5, 2006 Kombi, 2.5 Auto

First Jag-g-g

Post by First Jag-g-g » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:05 pm

>broke in held the owners at knife point and took their car keys

Here in the States, such a home invasion with threat of life might end up meeting two friends well known in my neighborhood - Mr. Glock and Mr. Winchester.

I hope the individual caught on video was just an admiring Jag fan.

I am glad I no longer live in an urban/heavy suburban environment where the worry of "casing" street-parked vehicles and such is more common place. With that said, I do have to worry about the local black bear family that has been known to partake in garbage bin offerings before the weekly trash is picked up.
2019 Jaguar XE R-Sport 30t AWD, P300, Caldera Red, Ebony/Ebony Interior, Comfort & Convenience, Black Pack, 19" Black Rims, Smart Phone Pack Pics