All Jaguar XE related discussions
Fighterpilot

Re: Stolen :(

Post by Fighterpilot » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:50 am

147daytona wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:15 am
Fighterpilot wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:29 am
There will always be some tech savvy person who will get past security. The Enigma machine comes to mind and that was a brilliant security messaging system, overcome by boffins at Bletchley Park.
But not in 30 seconds 😂
No, Granted but the computers of the day took up massive floor space. Look what a mobile phone can do today and it's size :lol: I used to program the Univac 1004 which was similar to those on the Apollo space missions and that in the 60's took up a full room with another occupied with punch card and verifier machines. Each program was on a different program board made up of hundreds of wires. OK 60 years later something as small as a phone can do more. The wizz kids of electronics can overcome any obstacles very easily and no doubt some tech savvy boffin has found a way around JLR security. I soon gained experience of getting into cars with the wrong key in the 70's purely by accident. At that time if I had been a tea leaf I could have taken anything I fancied. That was very very low tech, but so easily overcome. :geek: :lol: :lol:
R Sport 180D 2015

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:03 pm

Tech can be as secure as the makers want it to be. Look at the hassle the FBI had a few years ago to unlock Apple devices!
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport

m-a-r-k

Post by m-a-r-k » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Oh for something as simple as a distributor rotor arm...
Lurking here for information but planning on buying new XE R-Dynamic SE P250 some time next year.

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:14 pm

m-a-r-k wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:08 pm
Oh for something as simple as a distributor rotor arm...
Based on my experience with a scroggy little Suzuki 120 motorbike, back when the world was young, if the thieving toerag can't start it easily, it is likely to end with a visit from Sam and his mates, in their bright red lorry :evil:

But at least the insurance assessor couldn't see the bodge job holding the plastic headlight shell together, because it had melted!
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Geoffscat

Post by Geoffscat » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:50 pm

I suppose that if you were to leave your vehicle for a while would be to remove the starter motor fuse. Fitting your own wheel clamp maybe an alternative .

UV Blue

Post by UV Blue » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:33 am

Geoffscat wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:50 pm
I suppose that if you were to leave your vehicle for a while would be to remove the starter motor fuse. Fitting your own wheel clamp maybe an alternative .
...yes, I was thinking the same, a simple disable like removing a fuse would do it.
Jaguar XE-S / 3.0L Supercharged V6 380bhp / Ultimate Black / 20" 'Propeller' alloys / HUD / Black Pack Pics

Geoffscat

Post by Geoffscat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:34 am

Yes, I had a quick look through my handbook and there doesn't seem to be many things to be done . My old Vauxhall immobilizer relied on cutting out the fuel pump relay . I couldn't see any mention of a fuel pump .
Electric vehicles must be even harder to mobilise.

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:42 am

According to the wiring diagram I have, RF28 (30A) in the rear junction box, feeds the fuel pump relay & pump. Bear in mind this'll probably throw a code if the ignition is on when fuse out/blown.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport

Hammers

Post by Hammers » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:54 am

Rottweiler sleeping in it might help
Current: Fuji White MY19.5 P300 R-Dynamic F-Type Convertible 20" Black wheels, Exterior Black Pack, Windsor Leather performance Seats etc.
Previous: Italian Racing Red MY17 Jaguar XE 25t R-Sport, Black Pack, 19" black venom wheels, sunroof etc.

chrisjp

Post by chrisjp » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:11 pm

RoJo wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:42 am
According to the wiring diagram I have, RF28 (30A) in the rear junction box, feeds the fuel pump relay & pump. Bear in mind this'll probably throw a code if the ignition is on when fuse out/blown.
I think you can avoid throwing a code by first locking the car, then just opening the boot to get to the fusebox. This doesn't open the doors, which stay locked, and the car returns to its alarmed status when you close the boot again.
I did this when I pulled fuse 24 to force a re-boot of the telematics module, and got no codes generated.
Chris Phillips. Jaguar XE HSE 250PS Petrol MY20. Portofino Blue, Light Oyster, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, Meridian 825w, space saver spare wheel, folding rear seat, black pack, 16-way driver seat