Stolen :(

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Elsa_jag

Re: Stolen :(

Post by Elsa_jag » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:23 pm

Genuinely gutted for you. At least no-one was hurt and they didn’t break into the house for the keys.

This is why I moved away from BMW, a BMW, even remotely sporty, is a magnet for it. A mate of mine now has to park his M240i in the next street, as they’ve broken into his house twice for BMWs off the drive (once for his (recovered) and once for his dads 330e)

Will you replace with similar? Or is it too early to be thinking about it?
Carl

Jaguar XE, MY17, ‘66 reg R-sport, 20d 180ps auto
Jaguar XJ, 1994 S, 3.2 auto
VW T25, 1981 Westfalia LHD, 2.0 Aircooled
VW T5, 2006 Kombi, 2.5 Auto

Stolenjag

Post by Stolenjag » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:59 pm

Elsa_jag wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:23 pm
Genuinely gutted for you. At least no-one was hurt and they didn’t break into the house for the keys.

This is why I moved away from BMW, a BMW, even remotely sporty, is a magnet for it. A mate of mine now has to park his M240i in the next street, as they’ve broken into his house twice for BMWs off the drive (once for his (recovered) and once for his dads 330e)

Will you replace with similar? Or is it too early to be thinking about it?
Not sure what I’ll replace it with...guess that sort of depends on how the inevitable battle goes with the insurance regarding its value!

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:09 pm

I'm guessing that they used a Turbo Decoder to get the door open. There's a sound as they reach the car which could be the keyhole cover being snapped off. Obd port for the rest but it is so quick.

I moved my OBD port from its usual position a few months back and have a "OBD port disabled" sticker on the drivers window. Stoplock Pro now ordered for when it's parked in less salubrious areas.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport

Colt

Post by Colt » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:31 pm

So sorry to hear this. It makes me so mad when these scum get away with it. Even if they’re caught the punishment is a joke. They need instant justice on the end of a rope
2019 XE R-Sport Santorini black 200ps petrol. Black pack, privacy rear windows, Ebony headlining, 18” black alloys, advanced park assist, heated front screen, 12x12 way heated electric seats, heated power fold door mirrors. Spare wheel.

Wastegate84

Post by Wastegate84 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:42 pm

Horrible. Nothing is safe these days!

Is it worth sharing the registration and where it was taken from?
2015 XE Prestige 20d 163 Bluefire

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:59 pm

So sorry to hear that. I think I've only seen 1 or 2 other occasions of XEs being stolen on this forum so hopefully this isnt the start of a growing trend. Horrible world we live in where the police don't care and car manufacturers pretend there isnt a problem. I coincidentally got an email from Jaguar UK about protecting cars from theft too so I think they know it's a problem (or trying to sell their incontrol services)
MY 17 XE S 340 Yulong White, Pan roof, 18 way seats, heated wheel, power folding mirrors, powered boot, split folding seats

warrenag

Post by warrenag » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:21 am

If you get it back or get another, the secure tracker from jag incontrol is worth it. They call you within minutes if the alarm goes off and the tracker is built into the car. Has anyone done a ghost immobiser requiring a button sequence for startup?
Jaguar XE S 3.0 Supercharged MY2017 - Santorini Black, Jet/Red Interior, Black Pack
Previous - Jaguar XE 2.0D 163 MY2016 - Fuji White, Jet/Red Interior, Black Pack

Fighterpilot

Post by Fighterpilot » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:11 am

Sorry to hear of your car being stolen. I go along with the lock being opened with the key clone or even just a piece of suitably shaped metal. Several years back I mastered getting in any car ( not to steal it) using a key from a similar car that wasn't the actual key. I once saw a woman lock her car and left the keys inside with her two youngsters. (That was easy back then) She was in hysterics and I opened the door with my key in about 3 seconds. Looking at the XE mechanical key I think my method would achieve the same result. Obviously I am not saying how on here but I bet it can be done and they know the method. Then it is the OBD port and gone in another 10 seconds. Looking at your CCTV shots they have sussed out your car previously as they went to it with an obvious mission to steal it.
R Sport 180D 2015

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:15 am

Hello Stolenjag.

I'll refrain from saying welcome to the forum, under these circumstances.

As you can tell everyone feels your pain - I can only hope that the resolution is smooth and swift for you.

I've posted the link over on the F-Type forum which is where I migrated to a few years back.

As has been said, they didn't break in and no one was hurt, which is to be thankful for, considering the way these scum operate.

Keep us updated on any news and try not to give them the satisfaction of stressing you out over the experience.

All the best.
2.0 200 Bluefire R-Sport
Templar wheels, Meridian sound, Advanced parking, Climate pack + Heated rear, Aluminium Paddles - of course :)

Stolenjag

Post by Stolenjag » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:59 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone.

No new updates of any note. Less than impressed with the insurance’s (Tesco) response so far - no communication from them since me making the initial report at the weekend. Maybe that’s normal as I’ve never been through anything like this before, but I just expected things to move quicker.

The police have been quite responsive & have sent several emails asking for footage from particular times as they have seen something they want to explore further. They have also said they are going to canvass for cctv in the direction we know they went, particularly to see what happens with the accomplice that was on foot. To be fair they’re taking it more seriously than I expected, I thought they’d just give a crime reference and put the reg into their ANPR computer, so it’s nice to see they are putting some effort into investigating it.

What I still find strange is that “in control” still says it’s able to contact the vehicle, for example if I attempt to lock/unlock it, it’s says that’s been successful - I thought that required the car to return a signal to confirm this?