Low Ride

All Jaguar XE related discussions
AlanStott

Low Ride

Post by AlanStott » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:11 am

My XE was only delivered Wednesday evening. Drove it out my drive yesterday for the first time with 5 of us in it and it scraped the top of the drive and part of the under protection came off - gutted.

image.jpg

tobes

Re: Low Ride

Post by tobes » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:14 am

AlanStott wrote:My XE was only delivered Wednesday evening. Drove it out my drive yesterday for the first time with 5 of us in it and it scraped the top of the drive and part of the under protection came off - gutted.
Oh that's such a shame on a first time.

Not sure the xe is that low but long wheelbase won't help :(
R Sport 180 Manual
Ammonite Grey
Jet - Jet with Oyster
10 x 10 FOC electric seat upgrade
Quite simply the best diesel compact exec I've ever owned

CharlesH

Post by CharlesH » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:31 pm

Ouch :(
I had an absolute nightmare in my last two cars (a 3 Series and a TVR Tuscan). Ended up having to get the council to change the driveway threshold and it still scraped - the TVR's front splitter just looked like destroyed fibreglass in the end. I put it down to cars getting lower in general but the Mrs seemed to think it was because I put weight on :-S
XE S - Ultimate Black - Panoramic Glass Pack - Black Pack - Advanced Parking Assistance Pack - head up display - heated/cooled seats - garage door opener

Original delivered 01/09/2015 - REJECTED
Replacement delivered 02/07/2016 - REJECTED

JagRsport

Post by JagRsport » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:53 pm

It is low. Especially the R Sport. I think 10mm lower than the other versions (correct me when I'm wrong).
When I test drove it it had to come of the curb where it was displayed at the dealer and I immediately heard a bang and hit something in the middle of the car. In my own street, I heard some scraping when crossing a regular speed bump (at low speed) which I never touched with my 3-series). So yes; guess it's low.
Nerd as I am; I kinda like that. Brings back memories of my C30 T5 that scraped every bump there was. Feels very sporty ;-)
2.0d 163 R sport, Black, Business, Winter, Panoramic, Meridian, 19" and other goodies

tobes

Post by tobes » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:12 pm

Ground clearance is better for me in the xe so didn't think it was to low. Front spoiler clears curbs in sainsbury car park. Last car didn't.

But I have a fairly slight fall on my drive so I'm lucky there I guess.
R Sport 180 Manual
Ammonite Grey
Jet - Jet with Oyster
10 x 10 FOC electric seat upgrade
Quite simply the best diesel compact exec I've ever owned

Tontoshorse

Post by Tontoshorse » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:26 pm

Alan, I posted this a couple of weeks ago. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=790

Don't know what's caught on yours but it may be that the underfloor protection on the offside has also been loose.

Hope you get it sorted.

HarryB

Post by HarryB » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:51 pm

What XE do you have and with what tyres/alloys? I'm not sure if the model and tyres make a difference.
Jaguar XE-R Sport 2.0 Petrol, Ammonite Metallic Grey, Black pack, 19in Radiance Alloys Black/Diamond, Meridian Sound System, parking pack, ambient pack, lighting pack, CANCELLED (Ordered 17th of June)

Hammerite

Post by Hammerite » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:27 am

I did the same thing on my drive first time I pulled out with a passenger. My drive has had a number of cars parked on it without any problem … Audi A1, Dacia Sandero, Tuscon, Peugeot 3008, Fiat Spider, and many more, but only the jaguar XE sport has grounded … now looking to find a price for replacing the under shielding, if that is possible at a reasonable price.

capese21

Post by capese21 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:20 am

You are replying to a 4 year old thread!! The Sandero is a high riding SUV as is the Tuscon & the 3008 & the Spider a 2 seater and over a metre shorter.

Would you want your XE to have the ride height of an SUV if so then go for an E-Pace. They are like an XE but have more ground clerance.

What`s your point?
XE Indus Silver 2.0L Ford engine Heated front screen Reverse camera Blind spot warning.

Angie K

Post by Angie K » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:31 pm

In reply to Hammerite Saturday June 8th 2019.
I had a similar problem with my XE R Sport 250.
Had to have the garage floor lowered at a cost of £1300.00. My garage is at the end of my garden. So drive out of garage across the pavement
where there is a dropped kerb. Back of car is still in the garage and front bumper is in the kerb - scrapping the ground!!!!!
Still have to put a plank down in the kerb to clear but can now drive out without causing any damage.

We live and learn. Hope you have got your car fixed.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”