Vespa gone?

The place to discuss everything else..
vitoman58

Re: Vespa gone?

Post by vitoman58 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:37 pm

Really sad to see Vespa has gone and like everyone else I hope he will return. His extensive and detailed knowledge was always interesting and helpful and at times amazing that he had done so much research.
Thanks Vespa and best wishes to you and your wife.
Steve
R-Sport 250ps, Firenze Red, Black Pack, 825w Meridian ICTP, Adaptive+Configurable Dynamics, IDD

EagleOne

Post by EagleOne » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:18 pm

I don't often login fully but I do visit the forum every day as a guest. I'd just like to add my voice to the chorus asking Vespa to reconsider coming back to us. His valued contributions will be badly missed otherwise.
MY18 XE R-Sport 25t Caldera Red

IIRXES

Post by IIRXES » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:37 pm

He was most definitely the beano. In Dundee city centre the home of DC Thompson, the publisher (I think) they have statues of different comic characters, although strangely not Dennis, probably one of the most popular.

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Thanks for the pics IIRXES, I think the statues are great. They are almost worth a trip to Dundee to see them. Only 460 miles for me. I have just checked and found that the characters are from the Dandy comic and that the Dandy was produced in Dundee and probably explains why Dennis the Menace wasn't included. Being in the Beano, he would have been in competition. I loved both comics as a boy. My parents had them delivered every week for several years. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had kept them.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:59 am

UV Blue wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:24 am
...well apart from Vespa I would miss PhilB - and not only for the fact that we share the same name and I actually do look like Phil's Avatar! :lol: :D
I don't plan on going anywhere for the time being.
Even though I'm now driving the "thug" it still has a lot of common stuff with the XE plus I've got a couple on strike two of "three strikes and you are out" so I'll look forward to strike three if it happens.
On a good day I can even remember things about the XE so can still drop in my twopence worth once in a while.
:D

@Bazzamf, I think the "Dennis" question has already been answered !
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Pete McK

Post by Pete McK » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:22 pm

Sorry to see, he certainly had a lot of info to offer.
Pete.
'17 XE 180d, Caesium blue.

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:42 pm

I had a number of chats via private message with Vespa, not always car related. I also appreciated his knowledge and advice. I hope he comes back.
2018MY R Sport. 25D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.