Jaguar Bubble

The place to discuss everything else..
BevC

Jaguar Bubble

Post by BevC » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:34 am

It never ceases to amaze me the reaction you receive as a Jaguar driver. When I fill her with fuel I am addressed as madam. This doesn’t happen when I go in to pay for my husband’s Insignia. Yesterday he had my car and accidentally stalled at a set of traffic lights. The driver behind him got alongside at the next set of lights, wound his window down and asked what he was doing. When he apologised and explained it was a new car, the guy shrugged and said OK mate no problem and went on his merry way. I can’t imagine that happening in most cases. Gotta love driving a Jag - other people’s perceptions are brilliant :D

richmond

Re: Jaguar Bubble

Post by richmond » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 am

When I first bought my new XF I went to the service station to fill up. I was wearing a rather shabby jacket and cap and as I entered the shop to pay I heard one person say, 'He must have won the lottery'.
John
2016 XE Italian Racing Red Prestige 2.0i 200
Prev. 2011 XFS

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:23 am

I wonder if it's down to colour ?
Mine gets no reaction at all.
A very dark grey seems to make it pretty stealthy.
XE S, My18, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
07/15 to 05/17: XE S British Racing Green Pics

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:01 pm

It's probably more the person driving it Phil :D
2.0 200 Bluefire R-Sport
Templar wheels, Meridian sound, Advanced parking, Climate pack + Heated rear, Aluminium Paddles - of course :)

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:03 am

Bluefire wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:01 pm
It's probably more the person driving it Phil :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

th_is8.jpg

XE S, My18, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
07/15 to 05/17: XE S British Racing Green Pics

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:02 pm

How very victorious of you :)
2.0 200 Bluefire R-Sport
Templar wheels, Meridian sound, Advanced parking, Climate pack + Heated rear, Aluminium Paddles - of course :)

NewLester de Rocin

Post by NewLester de Rocin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:00 pm

It’s mostly a matter of your neighborhood environment. If the drivers in general are observant, your car’s body and the F-style LED signature in the rear, will not only warrant triple-take looks, but also give you the room you need to maneuver and park and waltz around your Jaguar any time you need.

On the other hand, in a commuter-heavy city of UN-observant, self-ablsorbed car operators, your Jaguar is just another obstacle they want to get around, or slide under, or climb over.
I parked mine in a nice neighborhood the other day, and if not for the dangerous-looking solid-steel plinth guard I have on my front bumper, the shabby Honda Accord that wedged into a space in front of me would have had a proctology session from my XE.

:| You and your husband are fortunate to be living in a more “civilized” arena.
1990 Corolla DX in Regata Blue; 1996 Corolla DX in Satin Granite Black;
2017 (X760) XE Prestige in British Racing Green

gmh

Post by gmh » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:51 pm

I've experienced the 'Bubble' since Wednesday of this week. Really noticeable as I've been driving the Datsun SUV in the rubbish weather for a month or so. Took the Jag out for a stretch for the last two days and it is amazing how one is given more space and let out when wanting to overtake on the A1 and A64. Tailgating is also significantly reduced, but then acceleration of the XE is beyond the ability of the Datsun mainly due to power and aerodynamic shortcomings.

Reminds me of that thread about brand prestige ;)
Black XE Portfolio 180 Auto.
Parking pack, power folding mirrors, Jet/Jet interior, cup holder covers with leaper. MY2017

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”