Is your usual passenger . .

The place to discuss everything else..
Inpher

Re: Is your usual passenger . .

Post by Inpher » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:57 am

I don't have this problem with any of my passengers. Some of your experiences seem pretty awful! My other half is very tolerant and doesn't mind the occasional bit of spirited driving, but she knows I'm generally cautious. I drive very conservatively if I have older relatives on board.

The only passenger who's been a bit nervous was a friend on a run to the West Country. I put my foot down on a slip road coming out of some motorway services and he looked absolutely terrified.
2015 XE S in Italian Racing Red

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:20 am

Inpher wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:57 am
I don't have this problem with any of my passengers. Some of your experiences seem pretty awful! My other half is very tolerant and doesn't mind the occasional bit of spirited driving, but she knows I'm generally cautious. I drive very conservatively if I have older relatives on board.

The only passenger who's been a bit nervous was a friend on a run to the West Country. I put my foot down on a slip road coming out of some motorway services and he looked absolutely terrified.
Perhaps he had his hands over his eyes the rest of the time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:42 pm

My 'usual passenger' started again today within a mile of home. I pulled over to the kerb and asked if she needed help with the door. "Why?" :? "So you can get out." Silence is golden!

:twisted: :twisted:
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

MiltyG565

Post by MiltyG565 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:56 pm

I don't have any usual passengers, just unusua ones :lol:

The most frequent is a friend and colleague. He doesn't drive. I'm quite an aggressive driver, so I pass through junctions with a bit of purpose. He'll occasionally say "ooh scary" and I tell him to shut his mouth :lol:

I once tore off from the lights with him in the car, and he said "stop doing that with the car, I don't care for it" :lol: Needless to say, I did it a lot more that evening.

We actually get along quite well, but our relationship is entirely based on winding each other up :D

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”